• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding cheap flights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I do Manchester to Heathrow every week - and have to put the blame on London EVERY TIME that it's screwy.
    If you're going to the city then VLM do a Manchester to London City flight
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      you even get a free Leonidas chocolate
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        and the flight attendants don't just run down the isle chucking sandwiches at the passengers. You actually feel like you are being served food.

Theres also the eastern airways service going manchester to stanstead. Used them this week and liked their service.
        Their planes are very small though, infact i think the flight attendants are picked for their short stature!
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Grr, stupid timetabling. There is a reasonably priced direct (10hr) flight from Gatwick to Vegas which leaves at 1045. There is a cheap flight to Gatwick from NCL/MME (can't remember which) which gets in at about 1000... somehow I think that's cutting it a bit fine.

So now my best option seems to be Teeside - Heathrow - Chicago - Vegas at about 18 hours, instead of 14.

Are there any sites which will do clever things with trains? It hurts my head trying to find train times to each possible airport that might be at a good time? I'm actually in Durham but I already found I can't get a train to Gatwick in time
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Grr, stupid timetabling. There is a reasonably priced direct (10hr) flight from Gatwick to Vegas which leaves at 1045. There is a cheap flight to Gatwick from NCL/MME (can't remember which) which gets in at about 1000... somehow I think that's cutting it a bit fine.

So now my best option seems to be Teeside - Heathrow - Chicago - Vegas at about 18 hours, instead of 14.

Are there any sites which will do clever things with trains? It hurts my head trying to find train times to each possible airport that might be at a good time? I'm actually in Durham but I already found I can't get a train to Gatwick in time
            there's direct trains from durham to manchester airport, stop messing around with the london airports, its more hassle to get there than its worth
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's VERY, VERY expensive though, and puts me the wrong side of London.

I tolerate bmi because of the frequent flier miles and the cost. If you think of their domestic flights as a no-frills airline, you're not often disappointed.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                I get a free sandwich on bmi, plus (if I wasn't driving) I could get hammered in the lounge at Heathrow.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

there's direct trains from durham to manchester airport, stop messing around with the london airports, its more hassle to get there than its worth
                  WHS - the only reason I fly to London is because I have to for work (and when I go to Singapore I want to fly on an A380)

Durham to Manchester Airport - depart Durham 0445
                  Flight at 0950 direct into Las Vegas 10h40 flight time, under £550
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    WHS - the only reason I fly to London is because I have to for work (and when I go to Singapore I want to fly on an A380)

Durham to Manchester Airport - depart Durham 0445
                    Flight at 0950 direct into Las Vegas 10h40 flight time, under £550
                    But those direct flights aren't every day? I'll go check but what sites did you use?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      But those direct flights aren't every day? I'll go check but what sites did you use?
                      They fly Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday direct in the "winter" - not sure when they move to summer schedule, as domestic flights are already on the summer schedule. Failing that, it's a Manchester to Chicago to Vegas flight.

I used flybmi.com for their flights; thetrainline.com for the trains.

www.staralliance.com is pretty good, but only covers airlines that are in the Star Alliance (obviously!). They will look for flights across the whole network of airlines for you.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X