• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    got my tickets..

i'll be there with girlfriend chef late weds morning pitching up on Hitchin Hill, quiet (i.e no pilled up idiots with 24hr drum n bass nearby), just 10 mins walk from the hallowed Flushable, real porcelain toilets and a great view over the whole valley.. I cant wait.

now iall i need to do is decide Jay-z or massive attack for saturday headliner.. hmmm
    Jay-Z!

Comment

I might have to delete this post as you are all making me sick. Can't go this year as ferret junior II is due on the 8th June and a couple of weeks is just a bit too short-a-time to go leaving Mrs ferret on her own while I sod off with mates for 4 nights. Damn.

Chef - how could there be any question? Got to be Jay-Z.

Gutted.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
        Chef - how could there be any question? Got to be Jay-Z.
        no no and thrice no, massive attack belting out teardrop late at night.. perfect
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          no no and thrice no, massive attack belting out teardrop late at night.. perfect
          They do so many gigs though you will have many more chances to see them. Jay-Z - too many tunes to list that I would like to hear over a dusky summer night in the heart of Somerset. MA would be good too but seen them so many times now am a bit bored - either way, whichever you choose all I can say is GIT.

my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Tickets are still on sale at 6PM! It sold out in two hours last year, think it's coolness factor has dropped a bit. Or the snow reminded people what it was like in the rain for the last few years...

Comment

great, means i can have more space for my camp fire..
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Not for me. I did Glasto a couple of times in the mid-80s (when it was 'proper') and nearly got trench foot the first time and sun-stroke the second time. These days the p155 n sh1t mudbath field is probably deliberately created and sponsored by some Investment Bank.

Eavis = sell out!
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  Not for me. I did Glasto a couple of times in the mid-80s (when it was 'proper') and nearly got trench foot the first time and sun-stroke the second time. These days the p155 n tulip mudbath field is probably deliberately created and sponsored by some Investment Bank.

Eavis = sell out!
                  Agreed.

The only time I ever went to Glastonbury was in 1985 - we'd been with the Convoy at the Stonehenge Refugee Camp near Westbury, but once the Solstice (on Friday) was over, the plod started getting even more threatening than they already had been, so we took the Commer over to "Worthy Farm" - bit of a misnomer, IMHO

Having managed to get in for a reasonable sum for people arriving at half past ten on the Saturday night (they tried to charge us each the full £35, but we could only get £18 together between the eight of us, and once they found out we'd come from the SRC site they suddenly relented) we made our way through the mud and found what I can only describe as Babylon, with a pack of cynical bastards charging the earth for a burger (made from the mud) and really ramping up the prices on wellies... it struck me as the epitome of unrestrained Capitalism at its worst.

I've never even thought of bothering again - it's not a festival in the original spirit of the free festival movement, it's just a way of making money out of people who think they're experiencing something they aren't.

Cracking set by Ian Dury though - although he did walk off half way through because of the drunken morons who thought it was funny to throw mud at the band as they performed. I daresay the executive ticket holders' area keeps the oiks too far back for that nowadays, though

Comment

Registration is open again.

I feel kinda silly now thinking that I could have chilled out for a day and got them right away the day after ...

Still thousands of tickets left.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think many will be opting for paying on the day after booking a b&b down the road and checking how many inches of mud they'll have to wade through.

The headliner (Jay-Z) is probably not helping either. I've never heard of him, so assume he/she is more rap than rock.

In fact the whole line-up is looking a little second rate. There's only Neil Diamond that's world famous in my eyes. Hope they don't have to wheel him on like they do that guy out of Supertramp and that guy out of The Beach Boys.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X