• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guilt trip to the supermarket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Co-op use biodegradable bags which disintegrate in < 1 year
    < the time it takes to get from the storefront to your car

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Not sure I see the issue over plastic bags. plastic can be recycled can't it?
      I recycle all of mine - I use them as bin bags. OK they all end up ina land fill somewhere, but at least they are not all contained inside another plastic bag.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Co-op use biodegradable bags which disintegrate in < 1 year
        Unfortunately, they disintegrate into radioactive dioxin.

...or something.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

...or something.
          If it's meta-dioxin then it should be allright...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

...or something.
            They disintegrate into Co-Op meat and potato pies, except nicer tasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              The patronising little cow on the till asked if I wanted to "buy a bag for life?"
              I would have said: "Buy one? I tuliping married one, why would want to buy one?"
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I do my bit to save the planet by re-using the bags next time I go shopping. Would be more effective though if I remembered to take them more often.

Other than that I give them to friends who are obsessed with doing car boots at the weekend, so they can bag up their tat for their customers.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  In my local Sainsburys yesterday they decided they would hide the free carrier bags in some kind of attempt to preach to the customers on global warming.
                  Nope it's nothing to do with that.

Supermarkets have been warned the if they don't get the number of bags they give away down, then Gordon Brown will introduce a new law to ensure they do in the next budget.

Hence M&S are giving away free bags during this month with your shopping and will start charging for them next month.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why's it so difficult to make them out of recyclable plastic? There would be no issue then.

Unless the supermarkets are using it as an excuse to make some money charging for them. You only need to look at the amount of overpackaging supermarkets already supply to see their green intentions are ultimately driven by profit.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Many years ago in Hungary, people used to bring their own bags to do shopping as quite simply, shops couldn't afford any plastic ones.

Now that Tesco have invaded, everyone expects all shops to have free plastic bags.

Funny old world...
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X