• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

times article about the credit crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    He's a sports writer ffs (And a fat tw@t at that), this is so simplistic it's laughable. People can drop £2 on a coffee because they get paid enough to do so, if they don't they won't buy and the price will shrink accordingly.
    I think he (sportsguy) has got a point here - he points to anecdotical evidence that is pretty good, sure he is a tw@t of the highest order, but he often speaks the truth that others afraid to say - I mean when it comes to car issues.

Comment

Brown has said over and over 'no more return to boom and bust'. For almost ten years the voters believed him and voted for him. His resort to creating a massive credit explosion coupled with enormous tax and spending hikes during boom times will haunt us all for the next few years as it all unwinds.

It will be worth it to see the back of New Lie for a decade or so while the Tories repair the damage yet again.

Comment

No what will happen will be exactly like the last time. The economy was in a mess and the Tories got in and set about fixing it. A great deal of pain was felt my a lot of people and the Tories got the flak because of it. People didn't link the basket case of an economy back to the people who created it. Instead they just remember the tough times the Tories put them through. So now Labour are on their downward spirall just as the economy hits the skids. The Tories will get the flak associated with trying to turn things around and people will remeber the times when their house was increasing at a double digit percentageb rate and when we had record levels of employment due to a bloated public sector, paid for my a consumer credit boom!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I don't think Brown has got balls to call election next year - it certainly will be worse situation than it is now, so he will delay as much as he can, so hopefully people will associate this failure with Labour. From what I can see Labour excuses that it was all Conservatives in the 90s does not exactly wash anymore.

Comment

Since when has a Labour government ever run the economy responsibly , that bits true
            Last edited by motoukenin; 28 March 2008, 17:38. Reason: Had to work all of a sudden
            Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I have visions of the Morris Marina... one of the most godawful cars ever produced.
              Are you suggesting my real name is Morris? Or that I'm as ugly as a box of frogs?

Stick with PAH's vision of a mermaid (draped in seaweed of course - wouldn't want you guys getting an eyeful!)

Comment

Coffee costs £2 a cup. Wow. Do we care?

Gordon Brown is worried about the polls, not any forthcoming recession. John Major was elected in the middle of a recession FFS. If he could pull it off anyone can do the same (although he was up against a rabid loonatic, ginger-headed Welshman)
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                  Not far off, PAH, although walruses are also slippery when wet.
                  No, funnily enough, they're not. More sort of scratchy/bristley.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I have visions of the Morris Marina... one of the most godawful cars ever produced.
                    I have vision of a Marina. Often frequented by drunken seamen.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      Coffee costs £2 a cup. Wow. Do we care?

Gordon Brown is worried about the polls, not any forthcoming recession. John Major was elected in the middle of a recession FFS. If he could pull it off anyone can do the same (although he was up against a rabid loonatic, ginger-headed Welshman)
                      You are spot on about his opponent. I am not convinced many English will vote for a Scot either.

Comment

Working...
                      X