• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brendan Harris and his mother laugh as he is questioned about murder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They should be sent to jail - but if courts don't do it because there are not enough jails (and it's the Govt's fault), then the next best thing is to prevent these scumbags from being on streets. I don't think police time is wasted by arresting them - I am personally prepared to pay extra tax to make available extra police whose main job would be to keep arresting these scumbags.

It's actually demoralising for the police to keep arresting these type of people and then the CPS refusing to prosecute them.

Anyway our prisons are full of council tax protesters. We can't have petty criminals in them otherwise they may learn how to be worse......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      It's actually demoralising for the police to keep arresting these type of people and then the CPS refusing to prosecute them.
      I say give them extra bonus if they do that. As I said I am all for increase in council tax that goes to police - in my locality that's like 80 quid a year, while main council tax is like 15 times bigger, ffs, it can't cost much to del with that scum.

Comment

I say give them extra bonus if they do that.
        The Government won't even give police a pay rise in line with inflation (whatever figures they are using) so there is no hope of that.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The Government won't even give police a pay rise in line with inflation (whatever figures they are using) so there is no hope of that.
          It's a local matter - council charges extra (at least here) for police and fire brigade. I find that sums charged for police locally are very low - I would not mind if it doubled so long as they get those scum off the streets.

Say £100 extra for police per household, £30k cost of a real police officer, that's 300 households can finance one police officer - can't mind how many households pay council tax in Brum, but that should be well in excess of 100k households, this means they can finance 333 police officers. Let's say it takes 5 police officers to do these arrest, and lets say it takes 3 hours to do it. So, 5 police officers can conduct 2-3 arrests per day of those scumbags, in total 120-180 arrests per day - each arrest will get 3-5 scumbags, so that's a lot of scumbags off the streets. I doubt they would do what they do after a few week of arrests.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2...files/00CN.asp

Actual number of households in Brum appears to be a lot higher than my initial estimate of 100k. So in reality extra price might be £30 per year. Would you pay £3 extra per month to know that those scumbags will have hell every day and stay off the street? I would.

Comment

It's a local matter - council charges extra (at least here) for police and fire brigade. I find that sums charged for police locally are very low - I would not mind if it doubled so long as they get those scum off the streets.

Say £100 extra for police per household, £30k cost of a real police officer, that's 300 households can finance one police officer - can't mind how many households pay council tax in Brum, but that should be well in excess of 100k households, this means they can finance 333 police officers. Let's say it takes 5 police officers to do these arrest, and lets say it takes 3 hours to do it. So, 5 police officers can conduct 2-3 arrests per day of those scumbags, in total 120-180 arrests per day - each arrest will get 3-5 scumbags, so that's a lot of scumbags off the streets. I doubt they would do what they do after a few week of arrests.

Actual number of households in Brum appears to be a lot higher than my initial estimate of 100k. So in reality extra price might be £30 per year. Would you pay £3 extra per month to know that those scumbags will have hell every day and stay off the street? I would.
            So would I
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              So would I
              One day I will be the Lord Mayor of Brum

Comment

One day I will be the Lord Mayor of Brum
                Loads of new parks and a tree planting frenzy then

Comment

I totally agree with you but due to the verminous civil rights lawyers alas this will never happen Shami and her pals at liberty would be all over you like a rash for merely suggesting this-the lunatics have taken over the asylum is the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Loads of new parks and a tree planting frenzy then
                    Aye. Nuts trees - oaks etc

Comment

Aye. Nuts trees - oaks etc
                      Good man

Comment

Working...
                      X