• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If these LED traffic lights...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They are reliable because they have sections - partial failure, not complete.

It's like RAIDs - drives still fail, but data is saved.
    Only in certain modes, in other modes they are even more unreliable.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yeah.

Now yer talking.

"Ace of Spades" by Mozart.

It'd blow yer socks orff.
      I sometimes wonder if Lemmy is indeed the reincarnation of our beloved Wolfgang.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

It would be terribly interesting to build it today & see if it worked.
        Didn't then, won't now.

(not with 741s anyway - maybe the newer CMOS Op Amps would hold up)
        Last edited by bogeyman; 26 March 2008, 16:38. Reason: The 741 caveat

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The resemblance is quite striking really...

I've got that PE analogue computer mag somewhere.

I wonder if I can find it.

I had to do analogue computer programming for a degree level module once... tricky stuff.
          I worked on some multi-DSP nonsense once that was meant to be a replacement for an analog computer in some aeroplane simulator, but apparently the aeroplane it went in was real and simulated other aeroplanes or something. Never did quite work out what was going off and the processors then just were not fast enough. Good idea, just too far ahead at the time.

Comment

The resemblance is quite striking really...

I've got that PE analogue computer mag somewhere.

I wonder if I can find it.

I had to do analogue computer programming for a degree level module once... tricky stuff.
            If you fancy wandering to Doncaster there are possibly several hundred back copies of PE, PW, ETI, Elektor, etc. old Maplin and RS catalogues etc., all going mouldy in a cellar if you want them. Strong back and a large van required if you want them.

Hmm, best let me check on just how mouldy they are as I haven't been down the cellar of that house for several years.

Hmm, wonder if that's where I've left the other VOX AC120.

Hmm.

threaded in "I wonder if that's where I've left all that stuff I can't find" mode

Comment

Working...
            X