• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cooper vs Hurricane Denis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper vs Hurricane Denis

Hey Everybody

I'm back after my holiday in sunny humid Orlando. Yes i did see Hurricane Denis but he was no match for me. Big Wimp
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Hurricane Dennis actually had a very small are of Hurricane force winds that stretched out no more than 25 miles from the eye wall so the Florida peninsula was never really at risk. Dennis eventually mad landfall West of Pensacola (Florida / Alabama border) as a Category three storms with sustained winds of 111mph. Florida did receive the outer rain bands of Dennis which I believe spawned 6 tornados!

Meanwhile Hurricane Emily (again small in size) is currently crossing the Yucatan peninsula as a category four hurricane with sustained winds of 135 mph – this area is favored with tourists and I feat that there has been significant damage done over night and as of yet no reports from the area have been filed (which in itself is quite ominous).
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Typical woman.

Comment

Dennis

We got back from the Bahamas a few days after it hit Florida, just had good windsurfing weather for a couple of days.......quite clever how Nassau in not too far away from Florida yet hardly gets hit by hurricanes because of the shallow water, a lot safer tourist resort than Jamaica or other West Indies.

Comment

Working...
        X