• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soviet degrees poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    The whole lot (20-odd) amounts to 2 old-style A-Levels (Maths, Economics) and maybe 4 old-style O-Levels (History, English, IT - for argument's sake - and RE!) which is piss-poor by any standards. Most British Universities at the time would require 3 A-Levels, so our friend wouldn't have got anywhere. Maybe Wolverhampton (ex)Polytechnic and that's pushing it. Did anyone notice the number of exact (and 99%) duplicates and stuff like PE, RE and other padding. Compared to other (non-UK) qualifications, like the French Baccaleurate (with over 10 subjects), it fares even worse. What is he trying to prove, that he's a failure, he doesn't have to, we know that!
    No - no-one else read it.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Yeah. Those old Greeks mathematicians didn't go in for Serifs at all. Especially not on Pi.
      Quite, once you've seen a stoichedon or two, one appreciates the Greeks for that old programming adage, "it was hard to write, so it should be hard to read."
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
        The whole lot (20-odd) amounts to 2 old-style A-Levels (Maths, Economics) and maybe 4 old-style O-Levels (History, English, IT - for argument's sake - and RE!) which is piss-poor by any standards. Most British Universities at the time would require 3 A-Levels, so our friend wouldn't have got anywhere. Maybe Wolverhampton (ex)Polytechnic and that's pushing it. Did anyone notice the number of exact (and 99%) duplicates and stuff like PE, RE and other padding. Compared to other (non-UK) qualifications, like the French Baccaleurate (with over 10 subjects), it fares even worse. What is he trying to prove, that he's a failure, he doesn't have to, we know that!
        The level of the English module can't have been all that stringent, either...........

Comment

13. Basics of documentary logistics 108

? Delivery notes?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            13. Basics of documentary logistics 108

? Delivery notes?
            Can't remember, it was some crappy module for sure - I think something related to berocracy, no tulip...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Can't remember, it was some crappy module for sure - I think something related to berocracy, no tulip...
              Delusional Fantasy

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Why isn't your diploma in Russian? I think it's tulip!

Почему у ваше диплом нет по-русски? Я думаю что оно тюлыпь!
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

cool.... it's a strange language isn't it??
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    cool.... it's a strange language isn't it??
                    Aye. How about this language: ?

Naughty fembot

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

Yep, I still have trouble reading cyrillic when I'm drunk....
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X