• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lottery winner goes back to flipping burgers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I won the lotto I would do some form of work. Sure I'd have a year or so off to do what I want but after that you need some kind of routine in your life. A lot of people say they'd 'set up on their own' but thats a cop out and an excuse to get nothing done. If you are working for someone-even a charity you have a responsibility to get out of bed and not let people down. However flipping burgers in ChavDonalds would not be my personal choice.

Comment

Blokes a cock and does not deserve to win if his life revolves around work at McD's. I reckon one day soon his supervisior will give him a bollocking for something and he say **** it then and walk. As it is he'll be paying 40% tax on that minimum wage he receives.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Blokes a cock and does not deserve to win if his life revolves around work at McD's. I reckon one day soon his supervisior will give him a bollocking for something and he say **** it then and walk. As it is he'll be paying 40% tax on that minimum wage he receives.
        While he's working, he ain't spending...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          While he's working, he ain't spending...
          but he will be driving to work in his R8

Comment

I don't understand people that win a large amount on the lottery and say it won't change them, they'll continue doing the same work and living the same lifestyle they moan about day in day out.

Obviously they need something to keep them occupied but surely they can come up with something else than the same old rut.

I made the jump from permiedom to contracting partly because I'd won a few grand on the lottery, so it gave me a bit of a starting out pot to take the chance. Cheers Lotto.

Not won jack since apart from the odd tenner, so I guess I've had my luck with it. Rarely bother to play it now, resigned to having to make my own way in life. I suppose it's like religion, it gives people hope. My mum's always on about when she wins the lottery she'll do x,y,z and I bet a lotto others do to.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

DON'T!! get me started on these types of idiots

basically he could live more than comfortably on this nice wee win however he's decided to keep someone else out of a job. I'd take the money back off him.

These types of people can't cope with that sum of money what a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
                basically he could live more than comfortably on this nice wee win however he's decided to keep someone else out of a job.
                This is a point that I'd never thought of! - thanks roadster.

This guy should do voluntary work or something where he's not depriving someone else of a chance of earning some income.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

basically he could live more than comfortably on this nice wee win however he's decided to keep someone else out of a job.
                  Probably an immigrant. Then you'd be moaning about how they take jobs off UK workers...

CUK forum - license to moan!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    Probably an immigrant. Then you'd be moaning about how they take jobs off UK workers...

CUK forum - license to moan!!

As long as there not taking citrix contracts I don't care who replaces him

Comment

DON'T!! get me started on these types of idiots

basically he could live more than comfortably on this nice wee win however he's decided to keep someone else out of a job. I'd take the money back off him.

These types of people can't cope with that sum of money what a waste.
                      Let's face it - £1.3 million isn't really that much money when you've got your whole life ahead of you. He's only 25, so could have a long time left, and wants to work.

What's so wrong with wanting to work these days?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X