• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gallstones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    PAH, strangely single.
    If you mean you are single, fancy a blind date sometime?

I'll let you know when I'm finally blind.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

No thanks.

With or without your sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          No thanks.

With or without your sight.

Oh well, guess I'll have to eat this bag of prawn cocktail crisps all on my own.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            My dad had some removed using an endoscope under sedation...

He would probably not have survived a general anaesthetic.
            <SHUDDERS> Does that go in the way that I think it does?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I'm sure I'd need a general for that too!
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                I'm sure I'd need a general for that too!

Initially at least, it must be like having colonic irrigation.

I laugh when female friends say they wouldn't mind a bit of colonic irrigation, but put the stoppers on their boyfriends/husbands having a bit of back door action. I guess it's all down to marketing!
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Got to be better than having a catheter though?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    No it wasn't up the bum, it was through the mouth... there's too many yards of intestine to do it the other way...

HTH.

I've had the magic eye up the bum.

It's not all that traumatic... it's uncomfortable when they inflate your bowel with CO2 though.
                    One of my friends is a Gastro and he has some amusing stories regarding camera's up bums. Apparently some of the drugs they give you when they are doing it can remove quite a few inhibitions. When he was training he came across a guy who wouldn't stop moaning in pleasure as the camera was inserted. The consultant who was training him and inserting the camera was about as straight laced as you can get and really couldn't deal with this guy moaning, oh yeah, bit more ooohhhhh and was really getting quite flustered. Seems you need to have a decent sense of humour to be a Gastro

Comment

Found this titbit on the web. Might be better to try this first rather than chop out parts of your internals...

==================================
                      INSTRUCTIONS
                      (Required items are capitalized.)
                      Preparation: Drink as much Organic (or 100% pure) APPLE JUICE as comfortable, for 5 - 6 days before the liver flush, in order to soften gall stones. For maximum softening, add PHOSFOOD drops (ortho-phosphoric acid) to the apple juice, for a total of 60 drops per day.

Rinse your teeth after taking the ortho-phosphoric acid: Brush them briefly with a BAKING SODA solution (or Milk of Magnesia), to neutralize the acid.

"Phosfood Liquid" is from Standard Process Inc., Palmyra, WI 53156 (http://www.standardprocess.com ).
                      It is sold by some homeopathic pharmacies, vitamin suppliers, and by some health practitioners. "Super Phos 30" is a similar product.

START -> 3 hours following dinner, and 7 hours before bed, typically on a Saturday. (For an 11 pm bedtime, finish eating dinner by 1 pm.) Take 2 Table-spoons (1 oz.) EPSOM SALTS, dissolved in 6 oz. cool water. Then rinse your mouth with water. (Use a "shaker jar" to dissolve the Epsom salts. The taste is much less objectionable with cool water.) Drink more water, as desired... Epsom salts are MgSO4 -- magnesium sulfate -- an intestinal purge, and also a muscle relaxant for the bile ducts and the gall bladder, to prevent cramps and retention of gall stones. Epsom salts are available in drug stores.

Hour 2 -> Optional, but always to be used if "stomach cramps" should occur during the liver flush. (This is rare when using epsom salts. Cramps would indicate that stones are lodged in, and blocking liver ducts.)
                      However, this step is very beneficial in ALL cases, to stimulate the liver's release of waste and bile.
                      Begin with several plain, warm-water enemas - then follow with a 4 cup ORGANIC COFFEE enema.
                      Use 1 Table-spoon (1/2 oz.) coffee per cup, drip-filtered. Dissolve 1/2 cup (4 oz.) EPSOM SALTS into the hot coffee, then cool the coffee down to 98 - 100 degrees F. (body temperature) before using. (You can rapidly cool the pan in a sink of cold water.) Retain the coffee enema for 10 - 15 minutes, while relaxing in a reclining position on a floor mat.

Hour 3 -> Take 1 Table-spoon (1/2 oz.) EPSOM SALTS, dissolved in 4 oz. cool water. Then rinse your mouth with water. Drink more water, as desired...

Hour 4.5 -> (Optional) This step is used to increase bile flow, which helps dislodge stones deep in the liver ducts. This step also helps to eliminate hunger. Eat: 8 oz. CREAM on fresh berries or FRUIT, mixed. (organic heavy cream, without carrageenan) (frozen berries are optional if necessary)
                      or: These variations have also worked: 8 oz. CREAM and 6 - 8 oz. fruit KEFIR, mixed.
                      or: 16 - 32 oz. vanilla HIGH-FAT ICE CREAM. (quality ice cream, without carrageenan)

Hour 7 -> Bedtime -- Have the required items prepared : Have a TIMER handy, and also ALKA-SELTZER "GOLD".

Take 4 oz. (1/2 cup) room-temp. Organic OLIVE OIL, followed by 4 oz. fresh-squeezed LEMON JUICE. Olive oil, taken following the above procedure, causes the liver ducts and the gall bladder to forcefully contract, and expel their collection of gall gravel and gall stones. (The acid lemon juice speeds the transit of the olive oil thru the stomach and into the duodenum, which helps prevent or minimize nausea.) Next: Rinse your teeth: Brush them briefly with a BAKING SODA solution (or Milk of Magnesia), to neutralize the acid of the lemon juice.

*** Go Immediately to Bed, "face down." Pull your right knee fully upwards, towards your right shoulder. A pillow under your left shoulder will help. Now relax into this position, and then shift your weight to your right side. Keep your right knee held fully upwards, to your chest. Using a TIMER, hold this position for 30 minutes. (You can briefly stretch your right leg, if necessary.) Gall bladder contractions and expulsion of stones will occur at this time. These can often be felt and heard. Optional, but helpful: Massage your gall bladder with your finger tips, up under your right ribs. After 30 minutes - relax, stretch out, and go to sleep.

If any nausea or acid-reflux is felt during the night, get up and immediately take ALKA-SELTZER "GOLD" in water (the "Gold" type contains no aspirin). This is safe and effective.

The following morning, immediately do the following : Take 2 Tea-spoons (1/3 oz.) EPSOM SALTS, dissolved in 3 oz. cool water. Next, drink 8 - 12 ounces of water. Later, drink more water or orange juice, as desired. Wait 2 - 3 hours before eating a light breakfast.

Plan to repeat the liver flush at least 6 times, especially when large gall stones (1/2 to 1+ inches across) are expelled -- or when there is a large volume of stones (more than about 1/4 cup).
                      If few (or no) gall stones are seen, this is OK -- however this is usually a false negative. Repeat the flush in 4 - 6 weeks.

When a large volume of gall stones is seen, the liver flush should be repeated in 2 weeks.

Generally, the liver flush is repeated at 2 - 4 week intervals until the volume of gall stones seen (each time) has been greatly reduced. This can require 10 - 15 flushes, or more, because your liver will be "pulling" cholesterol out of your body, where it may have accumulated for many years or decades.

After the initial series, repeat the liver flush 2 - 4 times per year, for "maintenance."
                      ==================================

Comment

Working...
                      X