• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boosting my rate to £750 per day within 2 years....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I'll even do it for a discounted rate of £1000/day, so you can bag the extra £250 if you like.
    If only it were that simple. I have to jump through flaming hoops to hire people. Much easier to fire them though.

Comment

Get 2 contracts where you can work from home and overlap them, say £400 a day each. Or start a business that generates £750-current rate.

Comment

How old are you?

Comment

Mid 40s....

Why?

too old?

too young?

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            Also.....

I believe I have a 'niche' area of expertise.

I've recently been engaged by companies who have recently outsourced their IT and have found that the deal wasn't quite what they expected.

My main roles have been in the area of tightening up SLAs - or specing them and investigating the statement of works - Also I've made significant savings on analysing 'billable work' when it should have been non-billable etc. I've saved some companies many tens of thousands of pounds by doing a little digging - and recharging.

So, I can show I add value and I'm not just a cost to the business.

T
            I once explained and demonstrated ITIL and related principles to someone and worked with them on implementing a basic efficient/cost saving drive for the then client. His next role was close to home in the Smoke, so he took a flier. He worked for expenses only (not much, obviously), lived on his credit card and agreed to take a fee of 10% of the gross savings realised in the year following the end of his improvement programme. He saved them a shade under £24m.

You want good money, be good at your job. You want silly money, take risks.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Mid 40s....

Why?

too old?

too young?

T
              No I just find IT to be one of the most ageist sectors to work in, although its slightly different when contracting.

If your skills fit the role and have a unique skill set you can name your price as Im sure you know.

Comment

fishnet stockings, and red high heels may do it!

Comment

Hi,

I've completed my goals and need to increase my daily rate from £450 -> £750.

Question is..... how?

T
                  I've always found the best way to increase my daily rate from £450 pd to £750 pd is to find a contract paying £750 pd instead of £450 pd.

Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I've always found the best way to increase my daily rate from £450 pd to £750 pd is to find a contract paying £750 pd instead of £450 pd.

Works like a charm.

So simple....... Why didn't I think of that?

T

Comment

Infosec - it's the future.

£750/day - pah!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X