• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Tax again!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, someone has to pay the LGO pensions...
    (Local Government Officers)

Comment

Vote with your feet - leave the country.

Comment

i'm paying less in 2008/2008 than the previous year
        and I've not even moved house or claimed for any discounts!
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm really liking how they've increased the police payment by 8% and fire brigade by 5%. How about a discount for not having had to use them?
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Look at your council tax breakdown, check the "Housing and Council Tax Benefits Awarded" amounts - ours are increasing by 15-20% at a time and make up about 40% of the bill.

It's paying for welfare via stealth.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Ours is very reasonable - only gone up 3.5% - God bless the London borough of Richmond.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Ours is very reasonable - only gone up 3.5% - God bless the London borough of Richmond.

Soon to be renamed Richmond-under-Thames?
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Soon to be renamed Richmond-under-Thames?
                  Every high-tide...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

For some years now we've been having to pay a tax called Solidaritätszuschlag which is a surcharge on income tax (and a couple of others) which is now 5.5% of your income tax, was 7.5%. This tax is presumably being used to re-finance the new Germany states after re-unification. As far as I can see its built some nice motorways, subsidised inner town shopping and let a load of lazy ex-commies sit on their arse and beat up foreigners. The last time a 'temporary' tax was brought in here was the so called Champagne tax which kind of got merged into your normal tax, probably what will happen with this one. Also you have to watch out when registering here because if you tick the wrong box, you end up paying church tax as well
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X