• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is she spoilt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    I think women claim to like the 'thoughtful' (wimpy) type of man who will allow themselves to be walked all over but in my experience its not true.

Three good sets of friends of ours divorced, 2 in the past year. All of them had men who provided everything their wives could have wished for, in fact everything that BI described in his post at the top of this thread. Where did it get them? They end up with the wives 'bored'.

In the two most recent divorces, the women are now in 'relationships' with men who treat them like dirt, treatment they would never have accepted from their former husbands.

I've been married for 27 years and although I don't treat my wife like that I also don't allow myself to be walked over. There should be some equality in all relationships otherwise it won't work.

Forget what women tell you they want, the reality is different.
    Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Good post.

Comment

me and Mrs S had a chat Saturday am. we already have 6mth old baby girl, and it appears a bit of depression was setting in.

we talked, she cried and let a lot out. ended up having a brill weekend.

as i said, women are v weird!

Some good replies tho, so thanks!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          me and Mrs S had a chat Saturday am. we already have 6mth old baby girl, and it appears a bit of depression was setting in.

we talked, she cried and let a lot out. ended up having a brill weekend.

as i said, women are v weird!

Some good replies tho, so thanks!
          thats good news mate.

remember the hormones will never get back to pre baby levels and they will spend the rest of their lives worrying and stressed to a degree.

Plenty of brilliant stuff to enjoy together though.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
            I think women claim to like the 'thoughtful' (wimpy) type of man who will allow themselves to be walked all over but in my experience its not true.

Three good sets of friends of ours divorced, 2 in the past year. All of them had men who provided everything their wives could have wished for, in fact everything that BI described in his post at the top of this thread. Where did it get them? They end up with the wives 'bored'.

In the two most recent divorces, the women are now in 'relationships' with men who treat them like dirt, treatment they would never have accepted from their former husbands.

[...]

Forget what women tell you they want, the reality is different.
            Depressingly familiar. All too true.

Comment

Shall we start a sweepstake on when Mrs BI will start cheating on BI with a man who isnt a complete wimpy doormat?

I reckon 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                Shall we start a sweepstake on when Mrs BI will start cheating on BI with a man who isnt a complete wimpy doormat?

In my youth I used to be a "nice guy" and I can tell you now it doesn't work. Women will use you for what they can get out of you and then throw you onto the scrapheap.

Whilst I was still a bit tender from one ex, I was treating anything that came close to me like carp. It's shocking how well this works. It was the opposite of logical to me (at the time), but thats what women seem to want.

Women like strong men who are unpredicable, not weedy push-overs. If you're still a "nice guy" buying them things, you are doomed to failure.

Schools should teach boys this stuff from an early age.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                  Schools should teach boys this stuff from an early age.
                  Not politically correct, my boy.

Plus most primary schools have female heads and all female staff.

Whatever schools do teach boys from an early age, it certainly isn't what you suggest. Probably the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                    Women like strong men who are unpredicable, not weedy push-overs. If you're still a "nice guy" buying them things, you are doomed to failure.
                    Sweet. Sounds like sockpuppet is the catch of the day.

Essentially women are like dogs. They love it when you rough them up a bit.

Comment

If you do it the courtesy of banging it, and the honour of allowing it to be seen in public with you, Why go to the unnecessary expense of buying it presents.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X