• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current leader among Business Bank Accounts ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'm very pleased with Cater Allen, been with them for 7 years and never had 1 problem. The call centre is fantastic, staffed by educated friendly and articulate people which in itself is rare. If you don't like talking to people the internet banking is up and running now. All these other 'better' deals you see are so laced with caveats it means several months down the line you could be on a pretty bad deal. CA is consistently up there. Plus they are now owned by Santander, so are unlikely to be as exposed to bad debt as some of the traditional names.
    I wuv CA as well

Mind you I haven't used anyone else so can't make a comparison but I'm well 'appy know what I mean?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I am with Lloyds TSB. They don't play subprime market games and this is what I think is the most important thing right now in a bank.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I am with Lloyds TSB. They don't play subprime market games and this is what I think is the most important thing right now in a bank.
        Lloyds TSB....BOOMED with all the SKA profit!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I'm very pleased with Cater Allen, been with them for 7 years and never had 1 problem. The call centre is fantastic, staffed by educated friendly and articulate people which in itself is rare. If you don't like talking to people the internet banking is up and running now. All these other 'better' deals you see are so laced with caveats it means several months down the line you could be on a pretty bad deal. CA is consistently up there. Plus they are now owned by Santander, so are unlikely to be as exposed to bad debt as some of the traditional names.
          WHS

I phoned them up to talk about how setting up a direct debit would work and when I dropped "AUDDIS" and "ADDACS" into the conversation, the person on the end of the phone knew exactly what I was on about

That wouldn't happen in the high street.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
            Abbey seem to have dropped to the market average of 3.5 % gross AER for up to 10 K on account and 4 % Gross AER for up to 99 K on account.

Abbey used to be 4.75 AER but .... Seems like these banks introduce HOT account offers , but then gradually reduce the rate and go down to BAU !

http://www.anbusiness.com/services/c...interest.shtml

Anyone aware of some better offer ?
            5.80% abbey time deposit for 3 months.

It's the credit crunch...innit

Pretty close to 3m libor I would have thought.
            Last edited by max; 19 March 2008, 21:52.

Comment

Working...
            X