• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peg Leg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Ms Mills,

We know who you are, we know what you are. Now, please do us all a favour and **** off!

Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      Pedantic

Cretin
      So a cretin is someone who can write proper English? Why are people always so defensive about spelling and grammar? If I spotted an error in an equation or a line of code and corrected it, would I still be branded a cretin?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        So a cretin is someone who can write proper English? Why are people always so defensive about spelling and grammar? If I spotted an error in an equation or a line of code and corrected it, would I still be branded a cretin?
        In your case! hmm! let me think
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          . . . and this one just has to be the finest.
          You've gotta love the Sun.

The headline is pure class "Mucca chucksa cuppa water over Macca's lawyer Shacka"

It just gets better...

Originally posted by The Sun Website
          They say money can't buy you love - but Heather Mill's court outfit proved it can't buy style either.

Mucca learned of her £24.3million payout dressed in what looked like a court jester’s costume.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Is there any truth in the rumour that Paul's Lawyer is suing Heather for £24.5m?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Correcting this kind of mistake in a work environment is totally acceptable, correcting it on an internet message boards reflects much worse on you than it does the person who made the error.

It shows you up as being inadequate and desperate for attention. Were you bullied as a child? What was your relationship with your father like?

Comment

A friend of mine is in the Met Police. He told me years ago that when she got her prosthetic leg, she tried to claim the cost for the best available from the Met. After much legal wrangling it turned out that the company that made it gave it to her anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  ..... correcting it on an internet message boards reflects much worse on you than it does the person who made the error.....
                  Oh I apologise your lord (or ladyship) you are so right, and your use of the term cretin in response certainly marks you out as the intellectual giant you undoubtedly are.

Thank you very much I am greatly humbled by your generous instructions on the correct use of the forum, I will try to live up to your exacting standards in future.

Comment

Working...
                  X