• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lovely place - Liverpool!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Defensive Scouser Alert!!!!
    You literally stole the exact words off my keyboard Churchill.....great minds and all that!

Comment

Not sure that Liverpool is actually any worse than most cities in the uk. This could happen pretty much anywhere, unfortunately.

I think it's more about people in cars.

What is it about getting behind the wheel that turns normally passive people into raging lunatics, willing to commit homicide at the slightest infringement of their 'rights' or the merest hint of 'disrespect'?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
        You literally stole the exact words off my keyboard Churchill.....great minds and all that!
        Get f'cked!

Oh sorry, you can't even manage that!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Not sure that Liverpool is actually any worse than most cities in the uk. This could happen pretty much anywhere, unfortunately.

I think it's more about people in cars.

What is it about getting behind the wheel that turns normally passive people into raging lunatics, willing to commit homicide at the slightest infringement of their 'rights' or the merest hint of 'disrespect'?
          As I said, why such a small city produces such shocking crimes is a mystery. Scousers are not lovable rouge's

Comment

As I said, why such a small city produces such shocking crimes is a mystery. Scousers are not lovable rouge's
            <Ahem>You might want to check your spelling there...

BTW, did you know that the word "Scally" is not an acronym of "Theiving Scouse Scum Who Should be Drowned at Birth"?

Nope, it's not even close!

Comment

Its no surprise to me. Pretty much every event that has shocked the nation in the past few decades has come from that city. Toxteth Riots, Jamie Bulger, Hillsborough, Antony Walker, Rhys Jones etc etc etc. For a small city it never ceases to amaze me.
              Hillsborough was a police\stadium instigated accident in Sheffield, unless you read the Sun.

Comment

Its no surprise to me. Pretty much every event that has shocked the nation in the past few decades has come from that city. Toxteth Riots, Jamie Bulger, Hillsborough, Antony Walker, Rhys Jones etc etc etc. For a small city it never ceases to amaze me.
                I think you might be slightly wrong regarding the Hillsborough event. This was all down to policing and stewarding. Not the fans/people of Liverpool.

Toxteth Riots - Point taken, but what about Bradford race riots ?

Rhys Jones - Damilola Taylor.

For everyone you mention, there are just as many in other major cities.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  I think you might be slightly wrong regarding the Hillsborough event. This was all down to policing and stewarding. Not the fans/people of Liverpool.

Toxteth Riots - Point taken, but what about Bradford race riots ?

Rhys Jones - Damilola Taylor.

For everyone you mention, there are just as many in other major cities.
                  There was I thinking it was about Scousers trying to get into the match without paying...

Well, you live and learn...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    <Ahem>You might want to check your spelling there...

BTW, did you know that the word "Scally" is not an acronym of "Theiving Scouse Scum Who Should be Drowned at Birth"?

Nope, it's not even close!
                    And what does Southerner stand for ?

"Jumped up arrogant twats who think that anything outside the M25 is a waste"

Nope I'm also wrong
                    Last edited by FiveTimes; 17 March 2008, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      And what does Southerner stand for ?

"Jumped up arrogant twats who think that anything inside the M25 is a waste"

Nope I'm also wrong
                      You'd better ask one, I'm a Lancastrian.

Comment

Working...
                      X