• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Lifestyle

Or more correctly skin tight lycra wearing lifestyle.

At the traffic lights on Nordre Ringvej (or more properly Herlev Ringvej at that point) a young lady on roller blades, chatting on a mobile phone, shot past me. Strong legs thrusting away alternately as she kept up a punishing pace of 34 kph, up hill!

As there were road works ahead I thought it polite to stay behind and follow rather than try and squeze pass. When we got onto the flat she took up the entire available width of the cycle path, so again thought it best to stay behind. Ended being stuck behind for the best part of 10 km, all good things must come to an end though, and she turned off.

Then, what should happen but a vision of loveliness draws up at the next set of lights and asks if I would care to pair up for the drag down Roskildevej. What with a terrific headwind and her winning smile, how could I say no? So we alternated the lead all the way to Roskilde.

As I write this I wonder which vision of loveliness in skin tight lycra was better when firing off from the lights: the inline roller skater or the cyclist stood up on her pedals?

Did me the world of good too, I got home 7 minutes quicker than expected, and that on a day with a serious headwind.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Or more correctly skin tight lycra wearing lifestyle.

At the traffic lights on Nordre Ringvej (or more properly Herlev Ringvej at that point) a young lady on roller blades, chatting on a mobile phone, shot past me. Strong legs thrusting away alternately as she kept up a punishing pace of 34 kph, up hill!

As there were road works ahead I thought it polite to stay behind and follow rather than try and squeze pass. When we got onto the flat she took up the entire available width of the cycle path, so again thought it best to stay behind. Ended being stuck behind for the best part of 10 km, all good things must come to an end though, and she turned off.

Then, what should happen but a vision of loveliness draws up at the next set of lights and asks if I would care to pair up for the drag down Roskildevej. What with a terrific headwind and her winning smile, how could I say no? So we alternated the lead all the way to Roskilde.

As I write this I wonder which vision of loveliness in skin tight lycra was better when firing off from the lights: the inline roller skater or the cyclist stood up on her pedals?

Did me the world of good too, I got home 7 minutes quicker than expected, and that on a day with a serious headwind.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Given the description, I'm not surprised you fired off at the lights.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Tour de France

How far behind was the peleton?

Comment

You been at the playboys mags again?

I never thought it would happen to me, but....

Comment

This one is just begging for a "you'll never believe what happened to me" post, but I can't be bothered. Maybe if Sasguru drops by today he could do the honours?

Comment

Working...
            X