• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shannon Matthews found alive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. I didn't think we'd see this outcome, I must say.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Yes it's good news - looks like the police worked very well, especially if reports are true saying that they did not raid house on direct intel, but instead officers who came there became suspicious - if that's true then they should really get a medal or two.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        officers who came there became suspicious
        If that's true then the guy arrested must have been on their known offenders list, or it was someone known to the family.

According to the BBC the police raided the house following a tip-off, so I guess at the moment the full facts are still to be established.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The BBC report says the police kicked in the door. Doesn't sound like something you do if you're a bit "suspiscious", sounds more like they knew exactly where to look.

I thought the police had searched all the local houses?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I thought the police had searched all the local houses?

The first step of any police search is to leaflet the neighbourhood and then raid anyone that doesn't recycle the leaflet. It must have been bin day today.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Kid isn't dead

Secrets by Jacqueline Wilson
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                This has been a dodgy story from day one. The mother knows far more than she has said or has been released.
                Her body language and manner has suggested that she knows who has taken her daughter and why.
                Whether the girl was ever in any danger is open to debate. I suspect it was possibly the girls father or an ex partner or similar who was punishing the mother. It may have been the local mafia/yardies who have taken her against an outstanding debt or pending court appearance where she is the witness in which case she may have been in danger.

My opinion. No factual basis or evidence.
                Been taken into police custody now for her own protection.....

Much easier if you neglect your kids on holiday, then you get showered with money.

Comment

"Shannon Matthews who was found concealed in the base of a divan bed "

Comment

The relief I felt, as a father and a grandfather of girls, is indescribable.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Good news indeed :-)
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X