• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost My Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    As my phone is in my name and not my companies, will I be covered by my Home Office / Equipment Insurance?

Has anybody had any dealings with Caunce O'Hara when it comes to making a claim?

As the phone is not owned by the company I doubt it will be covered by your business insurance.

However, the last Time I phone my home & contents insurer up to tell them about a change in phone (about 2 years ago), they told me I didn't need to bother as they (and most insurers apparantly) now cover mobile phones up to 500 quid as standard because they no longer consider them a luxury item as everyone has one

Comment

I know it would be covered on my home insurance but I think the fact that the premium would go up next year and the £200 excess means that they would only give me about £200 - so not really worth doing.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        E51
        I agree, I've just got one and it's great. Email is really good and so is the internet.

Plus it looks classy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          I know it would be covered on my home insurance but I think the fact that the premium would go up next year and the £200 excess means that they would only give me about £200 - so not really worth doing.

Last time I claimed on my home insurance was for a £230 PDA, the excess was for £50 and it had no affect on my premiums the next year!

Comment

Working...
          X