• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I don't see how the welfare state would survive a 30s style depression.
    Dish out prozac probably.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      Who makes it ? Perhaps a depression proof share !?

Shares sliding again as we speak, tulip retail figures from the US, we are certainly going to see what a recession is like for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Or bullets.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Is it safely under the floor boards !? Your mates at New Liebour will be after it otherwise when everyone else is cleaned out. The problem with holding cash is we might have hyperinflation, it looks like that is the way the yanks are tackling it.

I don't think we want total financial wipeout, it might be a bit scary if the masses are out on their ar*e. I don't see how the welfare state would survive a 30s style depression.
          It won't, which is why New Lie are clamping down on incapacity benefit.

Comment

Working...
          X