• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody BT again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody BT again

Is anyone else having trouble with BT Yahoo's spamguard? I sent them this yesterday.

I have complained three times about spamguard not working properly, and mail disappearing from my inbox.

Today I received a mail from yourselves asking me what I thought about your complaint service. I was lucky to find it though - your very own spam software decided that your very own mail is spam and put it into the bulk folder along with hundreds of other mails. I retrieved it to my Inbox, read it, and decided to wait until this evening before replying to give you a bit more time to resolve the problem.

Tonight I log in, and your mail has disappeared.

Are you doing this on purpose to wind me up or do you lot at BT Yahoo work for a circus in your spare time?
    This has been going on since late June. Does anyone know how I can take this higher?

Is it because I'm still not worth listening to?

Comment

Yes, you're worth listening too!

Was just laughing too much to reply.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Have to admit it is pretty funny. You won't get anywhere with them trying to sort this out - think of your charge out rate and blood pressure.

They may throw in a couple of free minutes on your phonebill just to get rid of you perhaps.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Is anyone else having trouble with BT Yahoo's spamguard? I sent them this yesterday. This has been going on since late June. Does anyone know how I can take this higher?
          Forget it, you won't get anywhere with BT Yahoo (I speak having worked with some of the clowns there). Vote with your feet and change supplier.

Comment

BT are useless at everything, now there are alternatives get rid !

Comment

I used to think that BT were top of the pile of sh*te in UK telecommunications so I switched to NTL. After a year of NTL I still agree that BT are sh*te, but they look amazing compared to the complete incompetance of NTL.

Comment

Get rid

If it was only the mail account I would, but I have my broadband set up through them. Sounds like a pain in the @rse to change.

The last time I had a problem, I eventually had to write to their Chairman or some such, and something got done. I guess I'll have to do that again, but I'm wondering how to stop him filing it in the bin.

Would he be interested if I told him my kids had to pick their way through the Bulk folder, with all its advice on how to meet some slack gash, have gushing semen and obtain an extra large nob, in order to find their email from friends?

How do I also make him interested in not deleting my mail once I have rescued it? I had a contract deleted two weeks ago, plus some mail relating to work prospects. Could I threaten to sue?

Comment

If it was only the mail account I would, but I have my broadband set up through them. Sounds like a pain in the @rse to change.
                  It isn't difficult at all. You will probably also find everyone else is cheaper.

Comment

You're not the only one, judging by http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/02..._ate_my_email/

It may sound like a copout, but can't you simply opt out of their anti-spam filter and use your own? That's assuming you can, which I don't know.
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 14 July 2005, 10:15.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X