• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Threaded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in the OTC while I was in Uni and did a stint in the TA. Gave it up because I didn't have time for it with the wife nagging me abount not spending enough time together etc

Good timing too because about 6 months after I gave it up my old unit was called into Iraq for mr B Liars little war on Saddam.

Comment

OTC?

Nothing going on down here
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Officer Training Corps

The way the army tries to get university graduates to join up.

Basiaclly an excuse to get drunk, run about with blank firing weaponry and earn some extra cash while at uni while being taught a few good soldiering tricks along the way. Not too many thought your being trained to become an officer, not to work for a living damn it!!!

pip pip what ho and the not

Comment

Ah...Officer Training Corps. I thought they stopped running that in the 70s? Obviously not.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

WageSlave: Many think the Junior Leaders have been scrapped as well.

All a bit odd really, you have to know someone who knows before you can find out how to get in on those things it now appears.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X