• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Threaded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    People with plastic cornea implants occasionally get called upon for various jobs...
    Steve Austin and Jamie Summers still doing missions then?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Lucifer Box: Throwing your weapon away.

House clearing: wait until they go on holiday, turn up in a wagon, Roberts yer mothers brother.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Doesn't wearing an eye patch bugger up your depth perception though? Or is the modern military solution something a bit more hi-tech than an eye patch?
        Since I have to wear one most of the time it completely screws up the following:-

- Depth of field. You have little clue of how far away things are without reference points
        - Peripheral vision. Serious impairment.
        - Balance. As a result of both, one relies almost solely on aural sensations for balance rather than both aural and visual
        - Perspective. With no stereoscopic vision perspective is seriously compromised

Most importantly however it has completely screwed up my golf handicap.

To be fair in my case some of these problems are caused to a certain extent by the underlying visual problems.

Try it for an extended period of time, you'll figure out then whether you can adapt to the affects.
        Last edited by ASB; 14 July 2005, 11:18.

Comment

seams to effect speling too.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            seams to effect speling too.

Nope. Thats a combination of complete incompetence, a screen too far away to read properly and the cheapest RF keyboard in the known universe. Mainly the former.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Lucifer Box: Throwing your weapon away.
              Although in that sort of situation you are using it as an improvised weapon rather than downing tools and legging it

Comment

The members of this forum have a worryingly detailed knowledge of weaponry.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Phwoar... would you look at the muzzle on that flak 88.

I'm just off to touch myself.

Comment

Did I ever mention that I can strip and rebuild an SA80 (or a 5.56 rifle as they like to call it now) in 2 mins and 47 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                      Did I ever mention that I can strip and rebuild an SA80 (or a 5.56 rifle as they like to call it now) in 2 mins and 47 seconds
                      Do you come from Manchester or is there a professional reason for such skills?
                      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                      X