• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget and BTL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. You try and provide accommodation to the millions of immigrants and somehow you are now a money grabber.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
      I'm sure a lot of this binge drinking and weekend drunken capers in town centres is partly young people realizing deep down they have little chance of ever owning their own property...
      Well, pyssing your money away is certainly not going to help you raise a deposit.

I fear that most young people expect their parents to fund their lifestyles, in perpetuity.

I don't think they behave like louts just because the prospect of not owning their own domicile hangs over them like some sword of Damocles. It's just because they are selfish louts.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Quite simply.

If they make BTL Mortgages unavailable, it will not affect me. But!
        There will be a shortage of lease properties, I will buy more, start converting the 3 and 4 bedders to flats and or bedsits and make even more money, as will the rest of the BTL community.

The only people it will affect are the people that will be paying the same money for a flat that they would have paid for a 3 bed house.

Carry on
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I will buy more, start converting the 3 and 4 bedders to flats and or bedsits and make even more money
          As a landlord for many years, I have to say I strongly disagree with that approach.

Bad house-to-flat conversions are one of the major things that give private landlords a bad name.

They provide poor accommodation for your tenants (customers!) and destroy the character of a neighborhood.

If you have a 3/4 bed house, let it as such.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            As a landlord for many years, I have to say I strongly disagree with that approach.

Bad house-to-flat conversions are one of the major things that give private landlords a bad name.

They provide poor accommodation for your tenants (customers!) and destroy the character of a neighborhood.

If you have a 3/4 bed house, let it as such.
            I was merely making a point.

The 3 bed house I let last night is, in the words of the tenant "stunning" It has been totally refurbished, Has beautifully maintained gardens a brand new fitted luxury kitchen with built in oven/hob and fridge freezer. off road parking and new fitted carpets. for £550 a month.
            The tenant said yes before she had even seen the upstairs.
            I take pride in my properties and to be honest, would not even consider converting to bedsits or flats.

Comment

I take pride in my properties and to be honest, would not even consider converting to bedsits or flats.
              Understood! and good for you.

Letting is a service industry like any other, and the customer is king.

A happy tenant is a good customer and it's a win-win.

Thank God, they days of the Rachmanites are over and there's no way a scummy landlord could realistically operate in todays market.

I have lived in rented accom. many times in my life and have only ever seen the standard go up. If I were a single young bloke these days, I'd be looking to rent rather than busting my balls trying to get on the mortgage treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Understood! and good for you.

Letting is a service industry like any other, and the customer is king.

A happy tenant is a good customer and it's a win-win.

Thank God, they days of the Rachmanites are over and there's no way a scummy landlord could realistically operate in todays market.
                Included with the keys to the leased property is a welcome pack which contains.
                Laminated:
                Emergency Contact details
                Useful Local information
                Landlords Corgi cert
                Landlord NIC/EIC part p cert
                Instructions for heating, oven fridge etc
                A selection basket of cleaning materials for the kitchen and bathroom.
                Although spotlessly clean already, women have a tendency to clean again before use (wifes Idea)

Comment

Laminated:
                  Useful Local information
                  Landlords Corgi cert
                  Although spotlessly clean already, women have a tendency to clean again before use (wifes Idea)
                  You forgot the lawnmower!

Bah! Call yourself a pro!

Comment

Laminated:
                    Useful Local information
                    Landlords Corgi cert
                    Instruction manual on how to use a chainsaw?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Good to see some responsible landlords. The only way to go with BTL (and I have now come out of the market - will re enter when prices are right ) is to go for upmarket properties and similar tenants. My area of speciality was good one-bedders walking distance from the City. Get a reference from the employer and the tenant is good as gold. The quid pro quo is that they expect top-notch service.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X