• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To be Polish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well all expat is saying is that the lazy should get on their bikes like we do.
    Something I would have thought you would agree with. Do you actually read the posts before replying?
    My interpreter is lazy, but she tells me I agree with what you say.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
      I totally agree with these steps.

The problem is New Liar has created a PC UK - It would be against human rights to make someone work who doesn't want to.

Isn't it against my human rights to have to pay dole to someone who doesn't want to work?
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        Isn't it against my human rights to have to pay dole to someone who doesn't want to work?
        is motivationally challenged

Are you middle class?

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
          I have a simple solution. Anyone on the dole has to attend work that job centres line up for them. Clearing up rubbish, cleaning public bogs, picking fruit and veg and other manual labour (like community service) - the employer could even pay the dole money to the Government that way. They could have a day a week in the dole centre where they can be supervised doing their CV or retraining or whatever. Not pulling their weight on the job and they are booted off the dole. Easy solution. We pay less to keep the country clean and tidy and the scrotes who do not want to work can be given the worst jobs to do until they buck up.

Vote ferret in your next election, you know it makes sense.
          A version of this was implemented in Denmark about 10-15 years ago.
          If you were unemployed for a little while and not in a union to support you, you could get welfare by the job center if you accepted whatever job they assigned you. If you declined the job offered you got no money.

Only a few stories in the media about people being sent to silly jobs. No public outcry.

I am not aware of the statistics regarding unemployment, but as far as I am aware this system is still in place.

It did make me feel better about paying my taxes though.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            is motivationally challenged

Are you middle class?
            Nope, my father was a driver in the army in the second world war and then worked as a machinist in a factory for the rest of his working life. This was before the unions took over and ensured the difficulty of sacking people for poor workmanship.

I don't consider myself as any class, just someone who needs to work to earn enough to live on.
            Last edited by KathyWoolfe; 12 March 2008, 09:22.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You being dense again? It's becomeing quite a habit, I must say
              becoming

Spelling....dense...err.........

Comment

I met a Polish guy on the bus last week, he started talking to me he had been in the country 4 months, I didnt tell him what I did but he told me he was here to train in English and IT, and that IT contractors can earn £800 day

Anyway I watched that program last night and it was saying all the men had come to the UK and the women had stayed in Poland, I might have to visit Poland soon

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                  I have a simple solution. Anyone on the dole has to attend work that job centres line up for them. Clearing up rubbish, cleaning public bogs, picking fruit and veg and other manual labour (like community service) - the employer could even pay the dole money to the Government that way. They could have a day a week in the dole centre where they can be supervised doing their CV or retraining or whatever. Not pulling their weight on the job and they are booted off the dole. Easy solution. We pay less to keep the country clean and tidy and the scrotes who do not want to work can be given the worst jobs to do until they buck up.
                  Tried that here in Germany. Each year there are a lot of seasonal migrant workers who come to pick vegetables/fruit, in my area its asparagus. A couple of years ago they tried to get the long term unemployed off their fat lazy arses to do it, and they were paying them more than the migrants. Didn't work out, the money wasn't enough, the work was too hard, the hours too long, etc. The migrants are back, the farmers are happy and the unemployed are smerking their tabs and watching soaps.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It makes me laugh when I hear bricklayers etc saying that its wrong that the Poles come here just for the money and have no plans to settle here long term-Hello?? Do they not remember Auf Wiedersen Pet???

I play football with 3 Poles and they ALL have 3 jobs and work 16+ hrs a day for minimum ish wage, try telling that to work shy chavs who say they are better off on the scrounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                      I didnt tell him what I did but he told me he was here to train in English and IT, and that IT contractors can earn £800 day
                      Oddly enough, I worked on a contract in southern Poland 10 years ago. We interviewed a graduate for a position and when he got to the salary part of the discussions he suggested about £300-350 a month. The HR bint said that the figure was above what they were prepared to pay. I was on £400 a day at the time and booking at least 6 days a week most weeks. Funny old world. I almost felt guilty.................for a nanosecond.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X