• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been stopped by police at night ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been stopped since my 20s Between 16 and about 22 I was stopped about every 10 minutes, with a wide range of bogus excuses. I was always given a producer then treated like tulip at the Police Station for having the gual to turn up within time with all the correct docs.

Never had a lot of time for the Police since.

Never been breath tested - never any need.

Comment

So to summarize, there is about 1 percent chance to be stopped at night and checked for alcohol.

Comment

I was stopped twice in Yorkshire after midnight coming back from my girlfriends a good few years ago. As my car was registered in Manchester and they wanted to know what I was doing so far away from home, "it's a car officer, thats what its designed for, going away from home"
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
          So to summarize, there is about 1 percent chance to be stopped at night and checked for alcohol.
          Why are you so concerned about being stopped and breath tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Why are you so concerned about being stopped and breath tested.
            I drove home a few times after having a few drinks. I would never drive If I am not positive I am in control , but this surely is not what the law says. From where I come from , night checks for alcohol are standard , but then you can bribe there...

Comment

I drove home a few times after having a few drinks. I would never drive If I am not positive I am in control , but this surely is not what the law says. From where I come from , night checks for alcohol are standard , but then you can bribe there...
              I would put what I want to put but that would lead to a ban. So I'll bow out of this and all future conversations with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                I would put what I want to put but that would lead to a ban. So I'll bow out of this and all future conversations with you.
                sure , you sinless virgin

Comment

In reality you would be very "unlucky" to get caught, but any accident you are invloved in will automatically be regarded as your fault and you'll be banned. Also, most people I've know who did this got caught because they overestimated their own capabilites. A work colleague got banned after being stopped beacause he thought he was doing fine, but had failed to switch his lights on. Another one turned his car over (fortunatley no-one else invloved) and got a year's ban.

Just don't do it - if you need a drink so much, get a taxi - or don't drink when you're driving.

Comment

sure , you sinless virgin
                    He's not saying he's sinless, you stupid c**t - he's saying intentionally driving under the influence of alcohol is a disgraceful thing to do. I suggest you firk back off to somewhere you can bribe the police.
                    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

BTW I'm not going to lie and claim I never did this before I realised how tuilp it was. I did it twice and it was shocking and wrong, and more 20 years ago, but it was still wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X