• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in the middle east

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the middle east

What's it like? How is it tax free? If it's so attractive, why isn't everybody doing it?

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre
    What's it like? How is it tax free? If it's so attractive, why isn't everybody doing it?
    It's alright if you can keep your head.

Comment

If it's so attractive, why isn't everybody doing it?
      Beheadings
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

I'm talking about Saudi etc not anywhere too dodgy

Comment

Comment

Is it that bad?

Comment

Are you having a laugh?

There is a continuing high threat of terrorism in Saudi Arabia. We continue to believe that terrorists are planning further attacks, including against Westerners and places associated with Westerners in Saudi Arabia.

If you choose to travel to, or remain in, Saudi Arabia you should take all necessary steps to protect your safety and should make sure you have confidence in your individual security arrangements. You should maintain a high level of vigilance, particularly in public places.

We have allowed non-essential staff and dependants at our missions in Saudi Arabia to leave if they wish.

You should remember that Islamic law is strictly enforced in Saudi Arabia.

We strongly recommend that you obtain comprehensive travel and medical insurance before travelling (ed: which doesn't cover you for terrorism related incidents anyway. Or public beheading).
              From the Foreign Office travel advice website.

http://www.fco.gov.uk

Comment

Crikey. Sorry guys, I've lead a sheltered life and people told me that parts of the middle east were OK.....Maybe I should get a job in Clacton!

Comment

Clacton? are you mad!!!!
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Saudi Arabia

Are you having a laugh?
                    He must be. What about the two expats, one a Scot who were arrested, tortured until they confessed to a crime they knew nothing about, then sentenced to crucifixion and beheading.

The sentenced was reduced on appeal - to beheading only.

With diplomatic interevention they were eventually extracted alive from Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Working...
                    X