• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

flat tax system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats all this talk about PAYE and thresholds and paying zero tax as an average??

Ditch the flipping lot and charge a rate depending on what you buy and sell (including your labour). Call it VAT if you want to

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Ditch the flipping lot and charge a rate depending on what you buy and sell (including your labour). Call it VAT if you want to
      The problem with that is people would see they're paying well over 50% of their income out in tax if it was labelled as one tax, where as at the moment they are under the illusion they aren't, seeing as it's broken down into many many smaller taxes.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Joking aside, my first inclination is to look after my family myself, your first inclination is for everyone else to look after you and your family.
        No, that is your inference. I expect people to look after themselves - and those they are responsible to if they can. What I do believe is that there will be some situations where that is not possible.

I agree with there being no excuse for people to be on benefit and not working (though I can see there is a sort of "slave labour" type argument I don't buy it).

Comment

Working...
        X