• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear (TM) - Turned down my extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there was me thinking this thread was about MF not wanting to supply a crock of sh*te to the end customer.

Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      This thread quite appalls me. You lot are basically gloating over how you are going to make life difficult for the people who are paying you. Fine I accept that one can be cynical about those who you are working with and for, but to turn such cynicism into creating physical mayhem is disgusting.

At least builders have money held back in case they turn out poor work or ignore the customer, and at least Indian software houses (as well as EDS) have contracts that tie suppliers to delivering work.

You spoilt little prima donnas who expect to be paid large fortunes without taking any responsibility for your work, frankly deserve to be slapped with IR35 legislation.
      Dodgy, please read all the posts and then revise your comments
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Read all quotes

Originally posted by WageSlave
        Dodgy, please read all the posts and then revise your comments
        Sorry Wagey but if the cap fits wear it, otherwise ignore me
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So there we go

Tomorrow is my last day(?).

The saga continues and some of the bullying has attempted to come my way. A lovely email 'WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?" - after the newly agreed, fudged, manually messed around reports went out and the client shouts THEYRE ALL WRONG and escalates it up and away.

I am in with the head of the Quango and head of the consultancy tomorrow to discuss this latest balls up.

But ah!! Firstly I am out of contract and none of them realise I am a contractor. In fact they all think I am quite senior. And why is that? Well it is because I have taken ownership where no-one else has, where all are to scared to tread.

So it all ends horribly tomorrow. Me as a scapegoat perhaps? or me sticking them one on the way out? or me telling them what a bunch of political waste of spaces they are?

Oh and by the way, before you are wondering, the reason the stuff is wrong is because it isnt. They've fudged the figures so much they've done it wrong and when the audit comes. They're screwed. Got to laugh.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
            They've fudged the figures so much they've done it wrong and when the audit comes. They're screwed. Got to laugh.
            If only that turned out to be true, MF. Unfortunately auditors are so keen to retain (and extend) their contracts that they will never say anything unpleasant to the client. Example? Andersen auditing Enron. Would have thought they'd detect something a little fishy in the reports!
            Similar situation with my current client. I had to arrange a meeting with the head auditor (part of their name sounds like an American bottom) to ask him what the hell they were playing at, giving a 'satisfactory' pass to to clearly unacceptable processes.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
            X