• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Portable USB drives keep breaking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    bulltulip machine

post more exaggerations

HTH
    http://web.syr.edu/~rtharper/bulltulip.jpg

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Well I bought an Iomega 160 Gig and a 160 Gig Western Digital portable USB drive and I'll see if they break in less than 2 months like the others did.

(I am gentle with them).

The Seagate ones just bloody stopped working and flashed on and off ! totall bollox !

Thanks for the advice may try a Lacie USB portable drive if these 2 fail on me.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        My Portable USB drives (note: not USB memory sticks) keep breaking.

I've gone through about 4 in the last 14 months.

All my Freecom portable USB drives ... the USB connector snapped off the solder at the drive end.

My 2 x Seagate USB Drives just suddenly started flashing and the USB on any machine could not detect them.

Data has been lost (not a big deal) but the cost has been immense.

Thankfully the Seagates have warranty for a few years.
        Have you thought about buying replacement caddies?

Comment

Working...
        X