• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anybody stop the pound sterling please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Gordo has no problem removing the trident from the 50p piece, its anachronistic and has no place in the modern world. A bit like the ones in Faslane then ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Oh deary me, a new historic low.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Oh deary me, a new historic low.
        On the edge of 1.30..... near the 1.2x range....
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

i just looked to go change some pounds for euro's at lunch, most high street vendors (including post office and co-op travel) are advertising 1.25 - 1.27, thomas cook was doing 1.28...

so for my £300 i now get just 377-384 euro's.. very depressing.

AND it now means my ski pass, board hire and lessons have all gone up since booking the hol 3 months ago..

ski pass was £120 now £141
          Board hire £80, now £100
          lessons, was £115, now £136

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

But look on the bright side, when you come back the Euro's you bought will get your more pounds on the way back.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The pound is weak against the Kiwi Peso.. and its really annoying me. How can any currency be weak against the Kiwi Peso.. its only one step up from bartering in turnips

Comment

for all the property boors - bargains to be had...

http://www.realtor.com/search/search...tid=2959&typ=7
                http://www.realtor.com/search/search...tid=2959&typ=7

Comment

I don't want to sound smug, but my villa sale is in Euros and everyday that goes by I am making even more money.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I don't want to sound smug, but my villa sale is in Euros and everyday that goes by I am making even more money.
                    Did you accept the Russian neighbours offer?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Did you accept the Russian neighbours offer?
                      Yes. They agreed only to pay in cash, used, non-consecutive bank notes and for me to ignore any that might appear to have blood stains on them.

Just waiting for the deposit and contracts to be signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X