• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car depreciation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In that case they'd have more taste than to buy a BMW.
    Or forget the car and play a 12 hour marathon game of world of geekcraft III?

Why is it that Passat tdi drivers always get in a huff when BMWs are mentioned???
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

I'd guestimate mine's lost about £400 in 18 months and about 40,000 miles.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I'd guestimate mine's lost about £400 in 18 months and about 40,000 miles.
        Your Vectra?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Cars are the biggest con in history. They have been marketed to perfection so that inadequate males with low self esteem and small willies somehow imagine that driving a BMW, say, makes them real men.

HTH
          Saw a classic case of BMW driving yesterday.
          Narrow street with cars parked on the right hand side (from my direction of travel), there were 3-4 cars coming in the other direction so i stopped before the parked cars to let them past as they had got there first.
          Next thing i know, some plonker in a BMW 318 roars past me from behind, finds himself face to face with the oncoming cars and so, without stopping, has to mount the pavement to pass them.
          I aplaude ye, owner of what is clearly an ultimate driving machine
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

On the 26/03/08 my new car will have appreciated in value from when it arrives on 25/03/08.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              On the 26/03/08 my new car will have appreciated in value from when it arrives on 25/03/08.
              You putting fluffy dice in?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                On the 26/03/08 my penis substitute will have appreciated in value from when it arrives on 25/03/08.
                Fixed that for ya!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Narrow street with cars parked on the right hand side (from my direction of travel), there were 3-4 cars coming in the other direction so i stopped before the parked cars to let them past as they had got there first.
                  Next thing i know, some plonker in a BMW 318 roars past me from behind, finds himself face to face with the oncoming cars and so, without stopping, has to mount the pavement to pass them.
                  how come?
                  Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Dodgy Agent, is that you?

Comment

Had a long weekend in Rome and in all the hair raising taxi rides, the only seriously dangerous moment was caused by Mr 3 series, who just like here, pushed it just that bit further and relied on everyone else not to ram him (one day, one day!)

Comment

Working...
                      X