• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GrooveRider's draw in Doobai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd much rather have near-zero crime rather than the freedom enjoyed by criminals here.

Even when criminals are put away here, they live in near luxury with satellite TV, gyms, training courses... not to mention all the narcotics they smuggle in. FFS they're criminals, give them 50 lashings and leave them to rot!

Comment

My view:

It is nobody's business what I take into my body, unless I harm another person on this planet.

HTH
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        My view:

It is nobody's business what I take into my body, unless I harm another person on this planet.

HTH
        Xeno, there was a time that I would have agreed, but now I feel different. Weed doesn't just end up in your pocket for £15 1/8 ... there is a whole crime chain behind the production and supply of narcotics. This underworld causes more grief for society than we are able to see.

We hear about the gangland shootings and the turf wars (all to gain market share for the selling of drugs) - but there is more, including prositution, people trafficking, broken homes and economic costs to the nation.

It might be different if the law chose to legalise the weaker drugs - if it could ever be proven that they are at least only as harmful as alcohol or cigs. But as it stands, every narcotics consumer is helping to drive crime in many different forms.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          I'd much rather have near-zero crime rather than the freedom enjoyed by criminals here.

Even when criminals are put away here, they live in near luxury with satellite TV, gyms, training courses... not to mention all the narcotics they smuggle in. FFS they're criminals, give them 50 lashings and leave them to rot!
          If he was in Singapore he would have been jailed and caned - Dealing with drugs : At least fifteen strokes. Thats got to sting!
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            Xeno, there was a time that I would have agreed, but now I feel different. Weed doesn't just end up in your pocket for £15 1/8 ... there is a whole crime chain behind the production and supply of narcotics. This underworld causes more grief for society than we are able to see.

We hear about the gangland shootings and the turf wars (all to gain market share for the selling of drugs) - but there is more, including prositution, people trafficking, broken homes and economic costs to the nation.

It might be different if the law chose to legalise the weaker drugs - if it could ever be proven that they are at least only as harmful as alcohol or cigs. But as it stands, every narcotics consumer is helping to drive crime in many different forms.
            The greater good. I like that. I am more selfish.

Peace.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I can't understand the attraction of going to the Building Site that is Dubai? It tends to be people with no imagination who holiday there. Much better places in Europe and the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                I can't understand the attraction of going to the Building Site that is Dubai? It tends to be people with no imagination who holiday there. Much better places in Europe and the USA.
                Hello RRH.

Hanging out here now that your playground (CC.net) has closed.

Comment

I heard that you work for 4 years and they pay you just 45p. Thats right 45p for four years hard labour.
                  And they dont even pay you in currency, when you go in, your @rse-hole is the size of a 5p piece, when you come out its the size of a 50p piece.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    I had a great time in Dubai and Fujairah Grooverider should have been more careful, its no excuse these days not to know exactly what is in your bags and about your person when you fly, especially when you're flying to UAE.

There is much money to be made in UAE though, met a few expats out there coining it in.
                    In the IT sector?
                    What skillset?
                    Any indication of rates/salary?

Been toying with looking for work out there.
                    Have a couple of friends out there (not IT sector) who are having a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      In the IT sector?
                      What skillset?
                      Any indication of rates/salary?

Been toying with looking for work out there.
                      Have a couple of friends out there (not IT sector) who are having a ball.
                      Unfortunately I only met people in the oil game, wasn't there long enough to scope out the IT market.

Comment

Working...
                      X