• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The truth about global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Neither does anyone know how the number of fridge freezers in the world affect the global temperature.

And yet there is more correlation between above gound temperature and earth-quakes.

So the heat is escaping from underground!

I bet there are scientists out there that know for a fact one day a volcano eruption will be so big and long lasting that whole continents will at a stroke be drowned.

The universe is a violent place. The pacifists have their work cut out.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Neither does anyone know how the number of fridge freezers in the world affect the global temperature.
      Or even how most dinosaurs got behind the wheels of their 4x4s!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Or even how most dinosaurs got behind the wheels of their 4x4s!!
        They used monster trucks.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

This thread makes for good reading, I like reading about the concerns of radical climate change, what will happen if nothing is done. The poor earth.

Nothing will happen the earth will go on as it always has, long before we were here.

This is simply a question of survival, the planet has see conditions much worse, it will survive no problem.

Will this species outsmart evolution? Well I doubt it. We seem inherent on continuing to make our environment unsuitable for our survival, and there's little suggestion that will change.

Remember a number of summers ago the heat stroke that killed hundreds across Europe? Just the beginning.

What can I do? Well since the rest of you won't change, I'm growing a lung that can process CO2.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And another thing....

Did anybody watch planet earth the other night?

We all know plants absorb CO2, so deforestation is not the best of things when CO2 levels are increasing.

So what do we do? Turn the forests into farmland for the these methane producing 4 legged beasties to satisfy our expanding waistlines.

We're all doomed I tell yah.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Remember a number of summers ago the heat stroke that killed hundreds across Europe? Just the beginning.

Survival of the fittest has always been a favourite of mother nature.

I like how people currently alive think they're so important and that the world is going to hell in their own time. In a 100 years all they'll be is a page on Facebook, and that lot will be whinging how it used to rain all the time and now it only snows.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                And another thing....

Did anybody watch planet earth the other night?

We all know plants absorb CO2, so deforestation is not the best of things when CO2 levels are increasing.

So what do we do? Turn the forests into farmland for the these methane producing 4 legged beasties to satisfy our expanding waistlines.

We're all doomed I tell yah.

We've simply outgrown the planet. Yet because there's so much money in oil and armaments, the idea to find another one within reachable distance has yet to hit their tiny greedy minds.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  We've simply outgrown the planet.
                  Exactly. Global warming (man-made or not!) raises sea levels and vast areas of the planet disappear beneath the waves taking those that live there (mainly poor peasants types) with them. The population decreases and it is happy days again for a while. Survival of the fittest and all that. Tis Mother Nature's way of housekeeping. Only those with heightened guilt complexes get too frustrated and worried about this natural cycle. Get over it. I know I have.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X