• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The truth about global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change is the latest in a long list of initiatives which capital uses to maintain it's control and power. 100 years ago it inhabited nationalism, then it came to inhabit the free market and now climate change will be used to control the little people to aide the transition to a fully globalised world.

The finite resources of the world cannot support western style consumption so, therefore, the little people in the West must consume less; this allows the little people in the East to consume 'a bit more'. Such large discrepancies that exist today will make a full globalisation impossible; thus one must eliminate the disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
      Climate change is the latest in a long list of initiatives which capital uses to maintain it's control and power. 100 years ago it inhabited nationalism, then it came to inhabit the free market and now climate change will be used to control the little people to aide the transition to a fully globalised world.

The finite resources of the world cannot support western style consumption so, therefore, the little people in the West must consume less; this allows the little people in the East to consume 'a bit more'. Such large discrepancies that exist today will make a full globalisation impossible; thus one must eliminate the disparity.
      Yeah its the global conspiracy of the Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
        Yeah its the global conspiracy of the Jews.
        Which parts do you disagree with?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Whereas you, of course, have a gargantuan understanding of what we are trying to tackle, yes?

What are your qualifications in climatology, geology, physics, chemistry?

I'm just a layman in these matters myself, so tend to put my trust in papers that proper scientists publish rather than the Daily Mail letters column.
          Nice one, so because I like science to be proven before it’s presented as fact I must gleam my knowledge from the Daily Mail letters column??

I am in no doubt that the climate is changing but whether we have caused it or not is IMO still open to debate, I just don’t see how taking my money and making me feel guilty about something that may or may not be caused by man is going to change anything.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Bogey, your faith in science is touching.
            I am constantly amazed by scientists.
            Like only last month they were almost sure that in all probability a meteor will most likely not hit Mars.
            It is a known size on a known path travelling at a known speed, as is Mars yet they are not sure if the two paths will collide. Obviously there are some serious variables involved here that I have missed.
            Where as they are sure climate change is happening and it is man made. Obviously a much less complex calculation with less unknowns and unpredictable variables.

I do not subscribe wholey to the man made side of this argument, but I am fairly convinced climate change is happening.
            What I am concerned about is Govt. commitment to doing something about it.
            They say one thing and do another. The only thing certain is they will use the excuse to dip more money from my pocket.

How does Golden Brown resolve rising sea levels with building houses on flood planes? and other stuff.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
              The finite resources of the world cannot support western style consumption so, therefore, the little people in the West must consume less; this allows the little people in the East to consume 'a bit more'. Such large discrepancies that exist today will make a full globalisation impossible.
              Full globalisation?, is that something like full employment?

Problem though with all this balancing out is the question of where the equilibrium is meant to be.

Given the millions, or billions, of people in the world who don't even have an old bicycle, let alone a 4x4, or most of the other things we take for granted, the west's lifestyle from some reports would be have to be very greatly reduced before this planet could provide some with even a quarter of what we've currently got.

As for the global warming, it was a nice fresh -4C when I went to work this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
                As for the global warming, it was a nice fresh -4C when I went to work this morning...

Yeah global warming, climate change, or whatever they want to call it today is slowly taking over from terrorism as the next big thing to keep the numpties cowering at home.

Trying to do anything about global warming is the same as Labour trying to put an end to normal economic cycles. "The end of boom and bust".
                Last edited by PAH; 19 February 2008, 10:09.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Those types of houses are a proper pain to strengthen to withstand earthquakes, and with all this global warming we'll soon be having lots of them.

Not sure I understand how the movement of tectonic plates underground is affected by the temperature of the air above the ground.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    A 'believer'?

I tend to form my opinion on the basis of available evidence from credible sources.
                    Yes, the same credible sources that were predicting an Ice Age a mere 40 years ago. The same credible sources that cannot with any consistent degree of accuracy predict tomorrow's weather report.

You might be happy wallowing in the guilt they are nudging in your direction bogey, but don't jump to the conclusion that we are all so easily convinced.
                    I bet you even have an Al Gore bumper sticker!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      Not sure I understand how the movement of tectonic plates underground is affected by the temperature of the air above the ground.
                      Neither does anyone know how the number of fridge freezers in the world affect the global temperature.

And yet there is more correlation between above gound temperature and earth-quakes.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X