• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marmite - Love it or Hate it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    devil

The Devil's Sputum!

Comment

I don't love it or hate it, but I will tax it.
      If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
        I don't love it or hate it, but I will tax it.
        I'll have Gordo assassinated, if he does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          The Devil's Sputum!
          There's something seriously wrong with your taste buds, C'hill.

Comment

The yummies are winning.

Comment

Where is the option : "Neither love nor hate Marmite ?"

I want to vote for that, but I cannot.

Yet we have the stupid AndyW option, which makes the poll pointless, as has been discussed before.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Buttered white toast spread with Marmite, topped with mashed banana - heavenly...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  I'll have Gordo assassinated, if he does that.
                  I love it, but I'd use it more if it didn't have such an exorbitant salt content.

Someone mentioned taxing junk food, and marmite would be included in that on account of the salt.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I love it, but I'd use it more if it didn't have such an exorbitant salt content.

Someone mentioned taxing junk food, and marmite would be included in that on account of the salt.
                    If you use it very sparingly (a very light scraping on wholewheat bread or toast (which has a lower salt content than white bread) on top of unsalted butter or margarine, I doubt that the salt content is any higher, if not a lot lower, than you'd find buried away in many pre-prepared convenience, tinned and junk foods, not to mention the added hidden sugar added to these other foods I've mentioned. Marmite does not contain any sugar. I have eaten Marmite since I was kid (which probably explains why I am so tall. After all, it is 'the growing up spread you never grow out of ' to use the old advertising slogan before the love it or hate it campaign started. ) and my family has a history of high blood pressure. Yet I've never been diagnosed with any medical conditions requiring a drastic reduction in sodium. I have also never used convenience foods or eaten junk food to any great degree. My biggest rubbish food weakness has always been confectionary, not salty foods.

If you cut those out those other foods I've mentioned, or cut them down considerably, then Marmite, I suggest, is a great addition to the diet because of the Vitamin B content.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                      Buttered white toast spread with Marmite, topped with mashed banana - heavenly...
                      I must say that I have never been that experimental with Marmite by adding banana or or anything else on top. To me it would ruin the taste and enjoyment. Like coffee drinks, I like my food simple and straightforward.

Comment

Working...
                      X