• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Marmite - Love it or Hate it?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    When I was 2 I used to eat it by the teaspoon. My mother tried to stop me as too expensive. Luckily her friend talked some sense into her.

Leave a comment:

• HYpno27
    replied
    I can't stand it.

But our horses love it

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've just enjoyed a marmite and paprika-flavoured-crisps sandwich. Luvverly.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    In that case, you'll know I've ran out of M'mite when you see me crawling about on my hands and knees, head down licking the roads.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    In that case, you'll know I've ran out of M'mite when you see me crawling about on my hands and knees, head down licking the roads.
    Come and try my chocolate salty balls!
    Two tablespoon's of cinnamon,
    and two or three egg whites.
    A half a stick of butter?. Melted?
    stick it all in a bowl baby.
    Stir it with a wooden spoon.
    Mix in a cup of flour,
    you'll be in heaven soon.
    Say everybody have you seen my balls
    they're big and salty and brown.
    If you ever need a quick pick me up
    just stick my balls in your mouth.
    Oooo suck on my chocolate salted balls
    stick em in your mouth, and suck em!
    Suck on my chocolate salted balls,
    they're packed full of vitamins, and good for you.
    So suck on my balls.
    Quarter cup of unsweeten chocolate,
    and a half a cup of brandy.
    You throw in a bag or two of sugar
    and just a pinch of vanilla.
    Grease up the cookie sheet.
    Cause I hate when my balls stick.
    Then preheat the oven to three fifty
    and give that spoon a lick?
    Say everybody have you seen my balls
    they're big and salty and brown.
    If you ever need a quick pick me up
    just stick my balls in your mouth.
    Suck on my chocolate salted balls.
    Put em in your mouth, and suck em!
    Suck on my chocolate salted balls,
    there packed full of goodness, high on fiber.
    Suck on my balls.
    [sniff, sniff, sniff]
    Chef.
    Last edited by Churchill; 17 February 2008, 10:03.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I hate Marmite.

Why would anyone want to eat what everyone thinks tarmac tastes like?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I hate Marmite.

Why would anyone want to eat what everyone thinks tarmac tastes like?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Looks like your Avitar hates Marmite too.

Yeah, think I need a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Had a look. Didn't go quite as far as signing up.
    Looks like your Avatar hates Marmite too.

Last edited by Denny; 16 February 2008, 20:53.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Check out the website. It's a lot of fun and features a jar angel with halo and wings for those who love it, and jar devil with horns and forked tail for those who hate it.

http://www.marmite.co.uk
    Had a look. Didn't go quite as far as signing up.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Awful stuff.
    Check out the website. It's a lot of fun and features a jar angel with halo and wings for those who love it, and jar devil with horns and forked tail for those who hate it.

http://www.marmite.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Awful stuff.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    I must say that I have never been that experimental with Marmite by adding banana or or anything else on top. To me it would ruin the taste and enjoyment. Like coffee drinks, I like my food simple and straightforward.
    Try it - you might just like it.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    Buttered white toast spread with Marmite, topped with mashed banana - heavenly...
    I must say that I have never been that experimental with Marmite by adding banana or or anything else on top. To me it would ruin the taste and enjoyment. Like coffee drinks, I like my food simple and straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I love it, but I'd use it more if it didn't have such an exorbitant salt content.

Someone mentioned taxing junk food, and marmite would be included in that on account of the salt.
    If you use it very sparingly (a very light scraping on wholewheat bread or toast (which has a lower salt content than white bread) on top of unsalted butter or margarine, I doubt that the salt content is any higher, if not a lot lower, than you'd find buried away in many pre-prepared convenience, tinned and junk foods, not to mention the added hidden sugar added to these other foods I've mentioned. Marmite does not contain any sugar. I have eaten Marmite since I was kid (which probably explains why I am so tall. After all, it is 'the growing up spread you never grow out of ' to use the old advertising slogan before the love it or hate it campaign started. ) and my family has a history of high blood pressure. Yet I've never been diagnosed with any medical conditions requiring a drastic reduction in sodium. I have also never used convenience foods or eaten junk food to any great degree. My biggest rubbish food weakness has always been confectionary, not salty foods.

If you cut those out those other foods I've mentioned, or cut them down considerably, then Marmite, I suggest, is a great addition to the diet because of the Vitamin B content.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X