• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imprisoned British Muslim students win terror appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes Pondlife but in my view planning to kill politicians, in fact actually succeeding in killing politicians, should be exempt from these terror laws.

Interesting point though, why don't we get rid of all detail in all laws and just have some very general guidance on when people can be tried? All cases then just go before a panel of 20 normal citizens chosen at random, with no expensive lawyers or judges and no precedents, and they decide. We would get far more sensible verdicts.

I am betting that before a jury of sane citizens my advocacy of stabbing Blair/Brown etc. would be deemed entirely reasonable and I would probably be recommended for a knighthood.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I am betting that before a jury of sane citizens my advocacy of stabbing Blair/Brown etc. would be deemed entirely reasonable and I would probably be recommended for a knighthood.
      Yes, and you probably would not even be compelled to donate to the NL Party beforehand neither!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Ah yes Pondlife but in my view planning to kill politicians, in fact actually succeeding in killing politicians, should be exempt from these terror laws.
        And somehow this cannot be construed as Promoting or Glorifying Terrorism?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

It'll be the "lyrical terrorist" from Heathrow WH Smith's next. She got convicted just for being a morbidly curious nutter.

Comment

Defence of the Realm..

Guys don't forget they are watching everything these days. remember the whistleblower who leaked out that the sppoks were all set to pay a visit to some wifey in Surbiton who had, on teh phone, told how her son had "bombed" at Chemistry??

GCHQ and those big balls up in yorkshire (NOT the cricket team) are probably trawling thru all the posts in here for subversive chat.

Any mention of bombs chemicals and nukes ( even if its just to do with TV dinners ;-)) could result in a midnight knock on the door.

Comment

Interesting point though, why don't we get rid of all detail in all laws and just have some very general guidance on when people can be tried? All cases then just go before a panel of 20 normal citizens chosen at random, with no expensive lawyers or judges and no precedents, and they decide. We would get far more sensible verdicts.

Sounds very sharia.......

Comment

Originally posted by xpatjock View Post
                Guys don't forget they are watching everything these days. remember the whistleblower who leaked out that the sppoks were all set to pay a visit to some wifey in Surbiton who had, on teh phone, told how her son had "bombed" at Chemistry??

GCHQ and those big balls up in yorkshire (NOT the cricket team) are probably trawling thru all the posts in here for subversive chat.

Any mention of bombs chemicals and nukes ( even if its just to do with TV dinners ;-)) could result in a midnight knock on the door.
                I think the NSA at Menwith have got more important things on their minds at the moment...

Like next weeks attack on the X£ $"%^^&^% in :@} S}@~...

Comment

Originally posted by xpatjock View Post

As long as they don't forget the pizza.

BBC News had a report earlier about how cuts in the 'intelligence' services could increase the chances of terror attacks. I think it's more likely to increase the chances of MI5 instigating their own attack to get their budgets put back up.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I think the NSA at Menwith have got more important things on their minds at the moment...

Like next weeks attack on the X£ $"%^^&^% in :@} S}@~...

I once went there by mistake thinking it was a trendy new bar. Couldn't understand a word they said.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X