• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newlove Killers Jailed for Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You still taking the Guardian then AtW?
    The Guardian is a pretty damn good newspaper shauny - they are not perfect, but then again they have by far more upsides than downsides, something that can't be said about you.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Firearms ownership is the solution - either the man would have been armed or his wife would have supported him, or neighbours altogether - then, the man would have stayed alive and these scumbags would have been shot dead.
      You have to be joking. I'd have thought it more likely that the teenagers who did this would be armed and rather than kick this bloke to death they would have just shot him. What is wrong here is these lads will be in their late 20's and early 30's when they get out. Hardly life then.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I'd have thought it more likely that the teenagers who did this would be armed
        What exactly makes you think it would be more likely they would be armed? Do you think I advocate rules when teenagers can get legal guns at all? If they want illegal piece they can get it now!

These stupid idiots commit lots of crimes because they get away with it - being shot (even if not to death) would be a physical deterrent to the hardcore groups of those scumbags that would be eliminated from the gene pool by their actions.

The profile for a gun owner should be: good citizen older than 25 years (maybe 30), with family, house owner - with no criminal history, being able to afford 3rd party damage insurance, heck I probably won't qualify myself (yet) under this scheme, and these scumbags certainly won't have a chance.

If you get 15% good people armed then it will raise probability of being shot to those scumbags to a high enough level for them to rethink their actions, and if they won't then fine - they get shot dead, I say taxpayer and humanity in general win.

Comment

What exactly makes you think it would be more likely they would be armed? Do you think I advocate rules when teenagers can get legal guns at all? If they want illegal piece they can get it now!

These stupid idiots commit lots of crimes because they get away with it - being shot (even if not to death) would be a physical deterrent to the hardcore groups of those scumbags that would be eliminated from the gene pool by their actions.

The profile for a gun owner should be: good citizen older than 25 years (maybe 30), with family, house owner - with no criminal history, being able to afford 3rd party damage insurance, heck I probably won't qualify myself (yet) under this scheme, and these scumbags certainly won't have a chance.

If you get 15% good people armed then it will raise probability of being shot to those scumbags to a high enough level for them to rethink their actions, and if they won't then fine - they get shot dead, I say taxpayer and humanity in general win.
          Unworkable. HTH
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Unworkable. HTH
            Do you think there are no 15-20% of citizens in this country that can be trusted with firearms?

Comment

Do you think there are no 15-20% of citizens in this country that can be trusted with firearms?
              No, I just think your scheme is unworkable and ill thought out.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

At the moment we can't own handguns. Now how much gun crime is there in the UK? Are the people who currently have access to guns generally good or bad people. So with a limited supply of guns, the ones which are in use are generally in the hands of the bad people. Increase the supply and all you will find is that all the bad people get guns instead of a small percentage. Obviously if you are going to rob somebody who may be armed then you will need a gun yourself. So instead of being kicked/beaten to death you get shot.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Obviously if you are going to rob somebody who may be armed then you will need a gun yourself. So instead of being kicked/beaten to death you get shot.
                  Criminals are in minority - if they attempt to commit crimes against armed people then pretty soon criminals will shot dead, most likely however they won't attempt to risk their life for small heist and probably will focus on armed robbery of banks and such, which is fine by me - these places have better protection anyway and given firearms they should resist quiet effectively.

Personally if I have firearm, then I will feel pretty safe even if attackers have also got firearms and there are more of them than me - this is by far better than having same high number of attackers who may also be armed with illegal weapons (knifes are pretty deadly you know), whilst you have no effective response against them - only to run away maybe.

You advocate running away from the problem - I advocate solving it, and at least dieing fighting rather than dieing running away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    No, I just think your scheme is unworkable and ill thought out.
                    And what scheme do they use in France and Germany? It seems to work well there, maybe you think people of this country are not of the same quality as the French and the Germans?

Right of self-defence is as God given as it gets (given complete lack of God in this world), but denying people firearms this denies them effective means of exercising their rights.

Comment

Criminals are in minority - if they attempt to commit crimes against armed people then pretty soon criminals will shot dead, most likely however they won't attempt to risk their life for small heist and probably will focus on armed robbery of banks and such, which is fine by me - these places have better protection anyway and given firearms they should resist quiet effectively.

Personally if I have firearm, then I will feel pretty safe even if attackers have also got firearms and there are more of them than me - this is by far better than having same high number of attackers who may also be armed with illegal weapons (knifes are pretty deadly you know), whilst you have no effective response against them - only to run away maybe.

You advocate running away from the problem - I advocate solving it, and at least dieing fighting rather than dieing running away.
                      Look at America. How many people get shot there is it
                      a - None
                      b - a few
                      c - Sh1_tloads

They have a pretty widespread gun availability. They may not have as much knife crime or like in this case, people being beaten to death, but I suspect that is probably because it is easier just to shoot them.

I'm not running away from the problem I'm just pointing out that your way wouldn't work. You would simply have criminals who previously might have carried a knife now carrying a gun.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X