• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junior PM interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbee View Post
    Well given the chance I would go for the PM job . Point is market is tough with PM's spiralling all around the place( me incl). With 3-4 yrs expereince Iam too inexpereinced for PM's role or too experienced for PMO role-- this according to pimps.

Stop slating women and branding them to be of PA stature.
    Why? Do you want to be one?

Oi Sandy!!!, Another one here with pretend ovaries for you!!!

Churchill - In "Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!" mode!

Comment

I will...

... if you stop asking silly questions, like 'what do I do to get a JNR(!) PM role?'. If it's that hard, don't go for it.

Comment

Well given the chance I would go for the PM job . Point is market is tough with PM's spiralling all around the place( me incl). With 3-4 yrs expereince Iam too inexpereinced for PM's role or too experienced for PMO role-- this according to pimps.

Stop slating women and branding them to be of PA stature.
        Why not go to town on the jobsites for both PM and Junior PM roles? Maybe have two CV's on the go, one for each?

Are you flexible on location?? If a preferred location, state where - you never know, people do get gigs through this very forum reading posts like this one....

Sounds like you have your head screwed on, all the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
          ... if you stop asking silly questions, like 'what do I do to get a JNR(!) PM role?'. If it's that hard, don't go for it.
          If you find it that hard, don't answer them

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Why? Do you want to be one?

Oi Sandy!!!, Another one here with pretend ovaries for you!!!

Churchill - In "Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!" mode!
          Does it really matter if its a man/ woman on here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Why not go to town on the jobsites for both PM and Junior PM roles? Maybe have two CV's on the go, one for each?

Are you flexible on location?? If a preferred location, state where - you never know, people do get gigs through this very forum reading posts like this one....

Sounds like you have your head screwed on, all the very best.

thanks wilmslow, I know I will get a PM role

Comment

If you find it that hard, don't answer them

Does it really matter if its a man/ woman on here
              Sh*t yeah!

Comment

thanks wilmslow, I know I will get a PM role
                The best of luck Newbee.

However, just so that you're aware of the market, 3-5 years experience in a PMO role isn't going to get you a PM gig.

What's your personal experience of:

being the budget holder (and how much)
                stakeholder management
                being personally responsible for delivery (not just tracking a plan)
                Offshoring
                3rd party management
                PM methodologies
                PM tools
                What industry are you from; what industry are you looking to contract in?

If you give me a clue on some of these, happy to help out with some advice.
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Working...
                X