• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent lied to client about my skills and now I have an interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zakalwe View Post
    Hi,

I've been put forward for a contract and now I have a telephone interview. For some reason, the agency have forwarded me an email containing details of their markup etc. and a doctored copy of my CV which went to the client.

I don't know whether this was a mistake or in the interests of full-disclosure but, having looked at the CV, I've noticed that they've shoe horned in all the stuff from the job spec, including one skill which I specifically told them I was a bit patchy on.

This could easily lead to awkwardness and embarrassment in the phone interview so I'm looking for advice.

Apart from my weakness with that one skill (from a pretty lengthy job spec), I'm a good match for the job. Has anyone else ever found themself in this position and what did/would you do?

Thanks
    forget all the bolux

you are there to maximise the profits, end of.

YOU are in charge. So what do YOU have to do to maximise your profts ? work it it out and stop getting others to do it for you

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Apart from my weakness with that one skill (from a pretty lengthy job spec), I'm a good match for the job.
      OK, that was on Friday morning. It's Sunday evening, so if you're a proper contractor you should be good enough at it to pass a phone interview by now.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
      X