• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught speeding 63mph in 40 :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    just received a Notice of Intended prosecution for doing 63mph in a 40. It was on the princess parkway, manchester dual carraige way just before the 40 turns to 50 to 70 (M56) in the space of half a mile.

There was no fixed penalty offer in with the letter, anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm assuming i'll get a court date through the post sometime soon after replying.

looking at onfo online im likely to get 5points and around £200 fine i guess.

cue AtW with his holier than though approach.

I know I was on the road at the time, unsure what speed i was doing but 63 seems a bit fast even for me on that road.

how do i go about asking for the photo evidence?
    From where you were caught speeding to the motorway is a mile and half (feels shorter when you're going 60+ )

I know that stretch very well and i'm glad you're just paying the fine, you must have been either half asleep or really pushing your luck to get caught there.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I wonder how you guys would feel if I came round to your house and mass murdered your whole family and had sex with your headless corpse and I just got 3 points on my licence?
      Hey! Think about it.
      Last edited by crack_ho; 8 February 2008, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        Wonder how many of you pro-speeding law breakers would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car doing, say, 40mph in a 30mph zone?

Would you shrug your shoulders and say just one of those things, drivers speed had nothing to do with it?

Thought not.
        Depends whether I thought that speed did have something to do with it. Presence of speed limit signs would not in itself decide that for me. I am insulted that you think so little of my capacity for independent rational thought, that you suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
          I wonder how you guys would feel if I came round to your house and mass murdered your whole family and had sex with your headless corpse and I just got 3 points on my license?
          Hey! Think about it.
          Licence

Comment

Wonder how many of you .. would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car doing, say, 40mph in a 30mph zone?

Would you shrug your shoulders and say just one of those things, drivers speed had nothing to do with it?
            Poor argument. This would only apply if the speed really did have nothing to do with it.

"Wonder how many... would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car driven by a man call Dave. Would you shrug your shoulders and say just one of those things, driver's name had nothing to do with it?"

I'm with Kathy on this one, btw. I try to avoid tickets by not speeding.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              "behind" the number plate? how would this work then considering the CCD cannot see through the number plate?
              Not all substances that are opaque to visible light are opaque to infra-red.

A tip, if you ever want to check if your TV remote is working, look at the IR emitter with a digital camera...

You will then see what I mean...

Comment

Wonder how many of you pro-speeding law breakers would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car doing, say, 40mph in a 30mph zone?

Thought not.
                So why doesn't the government focus on those people instead of trying to use it as a cash cow?

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                  I wonder how you guys would feel if I came round to your house and mass murdered your whole family and had sex with your headless corpse and I just got 3 points on my licence?
                  Hey! Think about it.
                  Shouldn't this be in the "things to do with your dead body" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Poor argument. This would only apply if the speed really did have nothing to do with it.

"Wonder how many... would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car driven by a man call Dave. Would you shrug your shoulders and say just one of those things, driver's name had nothing to do with it?"

NO yours is the ridiculous argument, mine is rational and backed up by fact - you are just being stupid. Man being called Dave is not relevant, doing 40 in a 30 zone is relevant.

30mph zones are where children (and people) are likely to be. Hit someone at 40mph and the likelyhood is that they will be killed, whereas at 30 they have a good chance of survival (no figures to back that up but they are out there).

Speed is always a factor in collisions with pedestrians. You cannot decide otherwise after the event. This is why they have 30mph speed limits - has that ever occured to you?

So, I repeat, if someone doing 40 in a 30 zone killed your child, would you be saying speed may not have contributed to their death or would you have a lawyer on the case trying to get them sent down for eternity?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      I must confess that I'm not entirely innocent of not speeding. I was caught in 2001 by a speed camera - I think I was doing 63mph in a 50mph limit (and I was overtaking another car at the time) though this was not on a road in a built-up area.

I've been driving since the mid-70s (drat!, just given my age away) and this is the only time i've been convicted of a driving offence so I was very angry with myself at the time. Now, I think that it was just one of those things.

OK, thanks for the time on the couch, same time next week?
                      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                      X