• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught speeding 63mph in 40 :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    good post

small question - since September 2007 it has been an offence not to say who was driving? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7008914.stm

how does that fit in with the above?
    i am due in court for that one. presumably if you contest it in the initial stages then there is a chance that they will drop it. If they perservere then you need to get witnesses to say that it could have been any one of them, otherwise you are hung.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You don't know who was driving, you're trying to help by requesting a photo.

BTW, how can a spray protect against a speed camera FFS?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Here's another tip:

You are *MUCH* more likely to get 'let off' if you are pulled over for speeding by a NORMAL Police officer (black hat, black uniform) than by a TRAFFIC officer (white hat, green overcoat).

It's a traffic officer's JOB to catch you, where as it can be an inconvenience for a normal Police officer to actually go through with prosecuting you. Also, it is highly unlikely that a normal officer (as apposed to a Traffic officer) will be able to make a case against you if you are armed with the information in this course.

If a Traffic officer has evidence against you (note: not necessarily ENOUGH evidence for a conviction), then they will attempt to fine / prosecute you. The situation with an ordinary Police officer is less clear cut. Often, if you are particularly courteous and try to strike up a friendly banter with a Normal officer, they will give you a 'slap on the wrist' and send you on your way.

It is extremely important to remember to distinguish between the two types so that you are able to plan your attack. If you are pulled by a Traffic officer, then do not concede anything otherwise this evidence will be recorded and damning.

--------------
        Top Tip # 2
        --------------
        AN EVEN LESSER KNOWN FACT

All speed pacing police cars have to have their Speedo's measured and certified. Typically, ONLY traffic police cars are calibrated, and the Speedo will have increments of 1 mph. If you are stopped by a NON-traffic officer, and told that he/she followed you, and you were speeding, simply ask as a matter of course when his Speedo was last calibrated. *It is likely he will let you go* when you ask this question since normal police (Beat) cars do not have certified Speedo's; theirs is the same as yours and mine!

So what did you think of the first 2 tips? Your feedback would be much appreciated.

I'll be sending you an email with a chance to enter the draw for a BTST detector in just a moment (if you haven't already received it). Just drop this back to us and you will be automatically entered.

and here is where I have ordered a detector:

http://www.BeatTheSpeedTrap.co.uk
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Is this the spray on the number plate?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            just received a Notice of Intended prosecution for doing 63mph in a 40. It was on the princess parkway, manchester dual carraige way just before the 40 turns to 50 to 70 (M56) in the space of half a mile.
            Ouch - I never know what the limits are round there. My sat nav still says it's 40 when I'm on the motorway as it's not particularly well signposted.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Is this the spray on the number plate?
              Yeah, how the hell is that supposed to work?

Hi-intensity IR LEDs behind the number plate should confuse the CCD in the camera. Especially if arranged to represent "F-OFF"...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                and here is where I have ordered a detector:

http://www.BeatTheSpeedTrap.co.uk
                I thought that both laser and radar speed traps were being phased out and replaced with optical traps (I have no idea how these work) due to these gadgets proving so effective?

Surely the best way to avoid a speeding fine IS NOT TO EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Hi-intensity IR LEDs behind the number plate should confuse the CCD in the camera. Especially if arranged to represent "F-OFF"...
                  I never understood it either!

I was met a man in a pub(!) who said it difused the light from the gun - but the only advice I ever took from a man in a pub was not to take advice from men in pubs.

In police camera action they tried it and disproved it - but they would say that wouldn't they?

Comment

"behind" the number plate? how would this work then considering the CCD cannot see through the number plate?
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Wonder how many of you pro-speeding law breakers would feel if one of your loved ones were killed by a car doing, say, 40mph in a 30mph zone?

Would you shrug your shoulders and say just one of those things, drivers speed had nothing to do with it?

Thought not.

Comment

Working...
                      X