• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's moisturiser any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Seeing as we're all men on here, no really, we are, wondering which men's moisturisers are worth trying?

I assume the women's ones have extra foundation in them hence the need to have our own line.

Was using L'Oreal Wrinkle De-crease but it's run out, and it was over-greasy, so anyone use any alternatives that seem to work and are non-greasy?

After perusing a copy of Men's Health at the dentist the other day I know alcohol based ones aren't recommended as they dry the skin out.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Creams should only be used by men for smothering the skin of naked birds for slippy slidey bedroom fun. End of discussion.

Ponce's
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        As for results? Well I will soon be 37 and look more like 27, but this is not so much of an advantage when you are trying to present yourself as an expensive consultant.
        Ditto, will be 37 in a few weeks and I have this problem all the time.

Must smoke more fags and partake of much more sun abuse
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The boyf likes the Clarins for Men range. He swears by the Shave Ease Oil
          Shave Ease Oil rules! I love the stuff, makes shaving sooooo much easier.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          More like "men know their mates would laugh at them if they bought the girlie brand, hence the need to have our own line".

It's got to be the same stuff surely? Anyway if Oil of Ulay was good enough for my gran it's good enough for me.
          You're right there, I wouldn't use a brand associated with birds (or squirrels). I use that loreal men expert stuff and occasionally bio oil.

Not sure how "safe" Oil of Ulay is for humans though. My nan was a big user and she had a massive tash.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            Well I will soon be 37 and look more like 27, but this is not so much of an advantage when you are trying to present yourself as an expensive consultant.
            Just before I left my old permie job, they took on a new lad who was about 28, a bit wet behind the ears but knew his stuff to be fair to him.

The problem was he built like a gypsies dog and looked no older than about 18

They're gonna have some questions raised when they start billing him out for £950 a day.
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

My grandmother also used Oil of Ulay habitually.

She sent them a "thank you letter" when she was 84, extolling the product.

She was most surprised to receive a gift in return, quite possibly the larget Oil of Ulay tub I have ever seen. Seriously, it was a bucket.

It outlasted her !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                My grandmother also used Oil of Ulay habitually.

She sent them a "thank you letter" when she was 84, extolling the product.

She was most surprised to receive a gift in return, quite possibly the larget Oil of Ulay tub I have ever seen. Seriously, it was a bucket.

It outlasted her !
                Hmmmm...... I'll have to get all my elderly relatives (+ a few made up ones) to do the same. That should keep my wife in cream for the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                  Don't know about independent trials. My own testing is empirical though :

put it on, skin feels good, I only look 30 (despite the occasional Marlboro)
                  What he's not telling us is that he's actually 24!!!

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                    You're right there, I wouldn't use a brand associated with birds (or squirrels). I use that loreal men expert stuff and occasionally bio oil.

As someone who has quite noticable scarring from severe acne when I was a teenager (think of Seal and you're not far off), I've been wondering whether to try bio oil as it's supposed to smoothen acne scars, from what I read somewhere.

One thing I'm never going to try is plastic or cosmetic surgery. There's plenty of celebrities doing quite well at damaging the image of it just by having it. Think Lesley Ash, Jackie Stallone, and many many others. All look like freaks of nature now.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Creams should only be used by men for smothering the skin of naked birds for slippy slidey bedroom fun. End of discussion.

Ponce's
                      We have our own cream dispenser for that. Hence the very distinct difference between what's for men and what's for women, just so we don't get them mixed up by accident.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X