• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's moisturiser any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    If you go around looking like worzel, don't be suprised if it ain't just the crows you scare off.
    Don't let ferret hear you say things like that!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Leaving the seat up. Why can't men go for a wee with the seat down or put it down after they've finished?
      Why do women moan about leaving the seat up?

You need it down, we need it up. I don't moan about women leaving the seat down all the time.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Why do women moan about leaving the seat up?

You need it down, we need it up. I don't moan about women leaving the seat down all the time.
        Well said that man... apart from my house where I'm out voted 3 to 1.

Comment

Seeing as we're all men on here, no really, we are, wondering which men's moisturisers are worth trying?

I assume the women's ones have extra foundation in them hence the need to have our own line.

Was using L'Oreal Wrinkle De-crease but it's run out, and it was over-greasy, so anyone use any alternatives that seem to work and are non-greasy?

After perusing a copy of Men's Health at the dentist the other day I know alcohol based ones aren't recommended as they dry the skin out.
          According to dematologists the cheapest moisterizer is as good as the most expensive and vaseline is better than most of those. Don't fall for the hype. Emperors new clothes and all that...
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            For god sake aim accurately. Otherwise there will be hell to pay.
            Aiming is not the issue, it's the start and finish that are tricky....

the Alpha and Omega so to speak.
            Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              According to dematologists the cheapest moisterizer is as good as the most expensive and vaseline is better than most of those. Don't fall for the hype. Emperors new clothes and all that...
              You may be a bit saggy and a bit loose at the seams, but I'm not walking around with a face full of vaseline. Besides, it would get all over my helmet.
              Kneel before Bod

Comment

The boyf likes the Clarins for Men range. He swears by the Shave Ease Oil and uses the moisteriser too. He likes a close shave with a razor and finds the oil does a good job of preventing shaving rash or something. I sometimes wonder if he's gay but in the last seven years he's not asked me to flip over so I must be safe!!

Comment

None of these moisterizers are clinical proven to work or indeed be any better than the cheapest. The reason for that is they aren't any better, but as long as there are mugs out there
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I assume the women's ones have extra foundation in them hence the need to have our own line.
                    More like "men know their mates would laugh at them if they bought the girlie brand, hence the need to have our own line".

It's got to be the same stuff surely? Anyway if Oil of Ulay was good enough for my gran it's good enough for me.

Comment

Well, I use the Nivea for Men. I doubt it is the most expensive, or the cheapest, but I get through about £7 worth every three months or so, so I am not going to worry too much about the cost.

As for results? Well I will soon be 37 and look more like 27, but this is not so much of an advantage when you are trying to present yourself as an expensive consultant.

Comment

Working...
                      X