• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Don't let anyone tell your otherwise, working from home is tough... really it is.
    Personally I detest working from home, probably because I haven't got any dedicated office space
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Personally I detest working from home, probably because I haven't got any dedicated office space
      Got a bay window and table dedicated to such use, over looking the plebs running backwards and forth at 5pm. I miss the 9am folks because I'm still asleep.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

looks good

Milan.
        Last edited by milanbenes; 7 February 2008, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I've got the spare room setup as an office, which is okay, but I could really do with a decent desk.

I do find it's a little depressing sitting by yourself all day. To be honest I could do much more at home, but choose to go on site because I prefer to be around people, even if they are permies.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I prefer to be around people
            That's what the pub's for! Early doors at 5pm, nice and buzzy. Yes I agree, when working from home you do have to see some real people each day to avoid going barking mad.

Comment

my hours are totally consistant. They all last exactly sixty minutes, which is a hangover from the Assyrians, or the Perians or someone.
              The minutes are all the same as well
              spooky or what

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                I work from 9AM- 4AM with one hour lunch break
                Wow that is tough

I work 7.30ish to 4ish, 30/40 mins commute, work from home whenever really

Comment

I work from home so usually work long hours and weekends, evenings are busy as that's when the yanks come online (I work for a US based company).

The upside is a fair proportion of the long hours worked are spent on Plan B which is working out nicely. Working for a music software company is hardly working and more like fun.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
                    What is your working day hours like?

Do you get to work from home at all
                    8:00 - 4:00 or 8:00 - 4:30 Mon - Thurs and 8:00 - 12:30 Friday (useful to have afternoon "off"), no home working

Don't take much in breaks (don't actually do much work either but that's another story)
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Currently doing 08:30 - 18:00 with a couple of hours travel each way (the joys of London...)

Working from home today though \o/

Comment

Working...
                      X