• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbee View Post
    Well wilmslow , its the m62 stretch of jn 9 to jn 13 which takes that time on ur way to bradford , Anybody else have any smooth routes
    9 to 13 is peachy.

It is 23-25 that is the killer

Comment

You sound like a bunch of pseudo-employees to me.

I usually do 2 days a week at home, then 9.30-10 ish to 5.30-6ish when I'm on site. It usually takes me 2 hours to get there, so being on site 5 days a week would be pretty tough.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
        Well wilmslow , its the m62 stretch of jn 9 to jn 13 which takes that time on ur way to bradford , Anybody else have any smooth routes
        Have you considered going round the other side of the M60? I know it is a bit longer, but from what I remember from driving in the opposite direction, that route seems pretty clear, especially if you pass Stockport early (like you will). It gets a bit sticky at Jnct 19 (I think - the roundabout where you join then M62) but those queues seem to be heading for Manchester - nobody goes to Yorkshire.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I would kill for home working.
          Don't worry: once you're a permie you'll be able to take half the week off sick every week and still be paid.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

8am - 4.30pm, 45 mins drive either way.

Nice and easy

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Have you considered going round the other side of the M60? I know it is a bit longer, but from what I remember from driving in the opposite direction, that route seems pretty clear, especially if you pass Stockport early (like you will). It gets a bit sticky at Jnct 19 (I think - the roundabout where you join then M62) but those queues seem to be heading for Manchester - nobody goes to Yorkshire.
              Always nice and clear at the Trafford Centre.

Stockport is tough when I get to the Wilmslow Cheadle turning - a long queue onto the Kingsway.

Leaving at 3 should cure all though

Comment

Just started working about 20 minutes ago..

yesterday got out of bed around 9am, did an hour of work then had some breaky.. went to the Spa about 11am (only a 10 minute walk away) returned to the desk almost 3 hours later put another 6 hours in before calling it a day.

Don't let anyone tell your otherwise, working from home is tough... really it is.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Don't let anyone tell your otherwise, working from home is tough... really it is.
                  I agree

Comment

I work from 9AM- 4AM with one hour lunch break
                    Don't care if it makes 40 hours or not, what can they do , fire me?
                    Work from home sometimes

However a contractor on my site takes the biscuit
                    he works 10AM-4AM with 2 hour lunch break

Comment

start any time before 10am - finish any time after 4pm. As long as I do my 37.5 hrs a week no-one is much concerned.
                      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                      X