• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vera Duckworth - Liz Dawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I gave up smoking 22nd DEc 1989
    Now you just sniff Bostik at your desk, and post hundreds of jokes when you're on a high?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I gave up smoking 22nd DEc 1989
      13 June 2004 for me. Not regretted it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I didn't see the programme was looked at the list. I was surprised to see that Crack Cocaine was not in the list, nor Crystal Meth. This amazes me.
        Crack was on the list... And I quote:

Cocaine
        Street names: Charlie, coke, base
        Street price: £30-60/g powder; £10-20 crack rock
        UK users: 780,000
        UK deaths/year: 214

HTH
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

What a completely stupid survey. Alcohol more dangerous than Crystal Meths? Laughable.

If the entire country got whacked on crystal mets every friday nights, we would be looking at millions of deaths a year.

Surveys like this are just a complete and utter waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            If the entire country got whacked on crystal mets every friday nights, we would be looking at millions of deaths a year.

That's the government's next step after adding flouride to the water, bung in some crystals as their way of controlling population. The bath salts industry won't like it though.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I take an interest in quite a lot of things that have a strong social impact.
              So you're a typical bird hooked on FaceBook, Sudoku, Heat magazine, and designer handbags costing 3 times your weekly income.

Women. If they didn't have several useful holes they'd be well and truly fodido.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What amazes me is that you know these drugs at all
                Have you read her posts? She's got to be on something!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  That's what they did in the 1840s during the Opium Wars...

Though that was a semi-private piece of enterprise... one of the glories of Victorian Britain...
                  Cup of tea? Denny, put the kettle on love!

Comment

I didn't see the programme was looked at the list. I was surprised to see that Crack Cocaine was not in the list, nor Crystal Meth. This amazes me.

Crystal Meth is a derivate of amphetamine (speed).
                    Crack is a derivate of cocaine.
                    So they were both included, even though they are not as popular over here.
                    Drugs are bad m'kay.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                      I didn't see that documentary, but I did see Horizon last night on the various opinions of scientists as to what the twenty most dangerous drugs are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog.../drugs/survey/

No surprise that tobacco kills more than the others - UK deaths: 114,000; followed by alcohol at 40,000.
                      I should be dead according to that list, have taken 12 of the substances on that list and some of them regularly back then...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X