• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Shifting petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    But that's my point. The representations of the unintended consequences may be listened to.

The complaining of the intended victim will not, IMHO.

And the point that I made previously is, if the latter are too loud the former will be drowned in the noise.

tim
    First they came for the income shifters, but I said nothing, for I was not an income shifter.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
      Given the PCG's rather unique ability to f8ck up even the most mundane issues (employment regs), Im picking that this bunch of incompetent boobs will also stuff this one up too!

You have to question why anyone would want to belong to a group that makes the government look relatively competent!
      That's an interesting take on a single issue...
      And it neatly ignores the bloody nose dished out during the Arctic Systems case.
      Personally, I'm quite glad that there is someone out there who can represent contractors at the highest level.
      Of course, and as I have said before, YMMV.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        First they came for the income shifters, but I said nothing, for I was not an income shifter.

I don't like the term "income shifter". Sounds too much like c-ockney rhyming slang for "shirt lifter".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I don't like the term "income shifter".
          Perhaps "Family Business Tax" would be more your cup of tea?
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I don't like the term "income shifter".
            I agree with the sentiment, but couldn't come up with anything succinct to include in my adaptation.

First they came for those that legitimately shared income with a partner or other connected person to reduce their tax liability, but I said nothing, for I did not legitimately share income with a partner or other connected person to reduce my tax liability.

Doesn't seem to scan right for some reason.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X