• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home size more accurate than water meters!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    Calculating water consumption by sq meter of space HAS to be the most idiotic reasoning ever.
    Very common in USSR/Soviet Russia.

Comment

I am probably showing my age here,

but when I were a lad, didn't they have what was then called 'Water Rates' ?

and then the new fangled metres came along and everyone thought their bills would go up and they did and now perhaps the meter is too transparent and people can see what their water is costing per cubic metre when compared to something like evian, and therefore it must be getting difficult to subtly raise prices therefore....

we go back to a rates style system where price is arbitary against the service provided like for example council tax ?

what does the jury think ?

Milan.

Comment

It only applies to those households who have requested a water meter and where the supplier has been unable to fit one. For example in tower blocks etc. So for a lot of customers it could actually mean they get a fairer bill wehere they arn't able to get one based on a meter.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          It only applies to those households who have requested a water meter and where the supplier has been unable to fit one. For example in tower blocks etc. So for a lot of customers it could actually mean they get a fairer bill wehere they arn't able to get one based on a meter.
          Look Dave, don't spoil a good rant with a few facts, sheesh

Comment

"It only applies". That's how it always starts. Soon they realise they've pulled the wool over our eyes and decide it's a better system for everyone.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              "It only applies". That's how it always starts. Soon they realise they've pulled the wool over our eyes and decide it's a better system for everyone.
              Thames Water charge most homes more for water based on the old Rateable Value system.

It's actually in their interests to stop smaller households i.e. those with less people then bedrooms for asking for water meters or forcing them to change to water meters when they move house, as they get more money from them under the Rateable Value system.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                Look Dave, don't spoil a good rant with a few facts, sheesh
                Sorry, don't know what came over me
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X